Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At our current university's health center (all the way across the country from the locations in my previous post), I believe BC is about $40 a pack without the prescription plan (it's a generic). I can get it a bit cheaper than that if I stop being lazy and take it to Walmart, and even cheaper than that (maybe) if I go to the local Planned Parenthood. But I don't know if Hubby's grad stipend is too much for that (it's too high to qualify for Head Start preschools), and I really don't want to have to deal with the homeless-looking old man with the abortion protest signs featuring graphic images who sits outside the building. It's bad enough seeing that each time I drive by. ::twitch::

Funny thing, though. In Utah, Planned Parenthood was almost impossible to locate. It was two suites in what appeared to be a small, run-down apartment building, around the back, and you had to be pulling into the parking lot before you could spot the sign. Here in CT, on the other hand, the building is huge and has no fewer than three visibly prominent signs advertising their presence, not to mention the aforementioned protestor who sits on the corner on the opposite side of the intersection.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Little Retail Rabbit View Post
      Typically, how much does a 6-month refill of the Pill cost you Americans? I only ask as in the UK we don't pay but I'll be emigrating to the US and have no idea ^^;;
      I pay, I think, $20 a month for mine. On my insurance I can't get any more than one month's supply at a time without paying the full price. On some insurances you can, but not on my particular HMO. When I lived in Oz I was able to get a 3-month pack per refill and frequently bought several of those at once (because I am SO BAD about remembering to fill/take them), but on moving back to the States could only get the one month.

...Which reminds me to go fill mine. Damn, and I was at the pharmacy this morning!

OT, whereabouts are you moving to?

Comment

I'm on a 28 day type of Pill also (just for the record, and I don't have any placebos or "skip" days), and I'm not allowed refills more often than every 20 days.

Only certain types of the Pill you can buy in multi cycle incriments, like Seasonique, which is 3 months at a time.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          Only certain types of the Pill you can buy in multi cycle incriments, like Seasonique, which is 3 months at a time.
          It may also depend on how the prescription is written. I've always gotten mine in sets of three months, both with this health center and our previous one. As far as I'm aware, it's nothing special with the type of pill (though it does come with the placebo week), just how my doctors write out the prescription.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"

Comment

It's been a while since I was on the Pill, as I finally convinced my doctors to do a tubal ligation 20 years ago. One thing I did have to educate my docs about was that there may be 12 months to a year, but there are 13 cycles to a year. I'd always have to correct them on the number of refills to allow before the next year's check-up.
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Lunar versus Solar calendars-- cats, dogs, wet, dry, black, white-- men and women...
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                It's been a while since I was on the Pill, as I finally convinced my doctors to do a tubal ligation 20 years ago. One thing I did have to educate my docs about was that there may be 12 months to a year, but there are 13 cycles to a year. I'd always have to correct them on the number of refills to allow before the next year's check-up.
                I must be lucky with doctors then, since I've always still had refills to go before the next checkup. Yay me.

Comment

I will probably be pregnant soon after my wedding, because I can barely remember to eat. Let alone shower. Or take vitamins. You get the idea. I need to start keeping track of my cycle again, even though it's never been regular. It happens about once every 2-5 weeks, generally every 3-4. I can never pin down the days tho.
                  EDIT: so so glad I don't have sex.
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                    I will probably be pregnant soon after my wedding, because I can barely remember to eat. Let alone shower. Or take vitamins. You get the idea. I need to start keeping track of my cycle again, even though it's never been regular. It happens about once every 2-5 weeks, generally every 3-4. I can never pin down the days tho.
                    EDIT: so so glad I don't have sex.
                    I have an awful memory, so I remember by setting a daily alarm on my cell phone. Phone starts beeping, I take the pill. Easy peasy.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      I have an awful memory, so I remember by setting a daily alarm on my cell phone. Phone starts beeping, I take the pill. Easy peasy.
                      I have an alarm clock set in my living room that goes off at the same time every day unless I physically turn it off
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                      X