• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason I was at Best Buy

I was at Best Buy for this reason: To buy a ps3 copy of Mortal Kombat

I wasn't at Best Buy for this reason: To upgrade my (nonexistent) cable

SO QUIT ASKING!!
    Thank you.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

How many times did they ask you?

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      I was at Best Buy for this reason: To buy a ps3 copy of Mortal Kombat

I wasn't at Best Buy for this reason: To upgrade my (nonexistent) cable

SO QUIT ASKING!!
      Thank you.
      My husband loves that game but the fatalities make me a little nauseous. My daughter loves the babalities; she'll clap her hands and say "bay- bay!" I've never gotten that at Best Buy but at Sam's they always want us to get Directv. So we tell them we already have it (we don’t). Works like a charm.
      Last edited by AquaGirl; 05-04-2011, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Any time they ask me if I want to upgrade, I tell them that there's only one channel I ever watch, and I already have it: OFF.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I try not to be rude, but the way I answered the question was an aloof "no thanks" without raising my voice, but without moving my body or head towards the employee either. I think he got the message because he only asked once.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

My guess is: "GameStop Syndrome". Upper Management (read: above store-level) has declared that employees MUST push the service to everyone that comes in -- even if they already know damn well that the customer is not interested. Anything short of this is construed as "bad customer service" by said higher-ups -- which is, of course, a hangin' offense....Even though DOING this is effectively bad "bad customer service" to the people who don't want it (read: most of us). >_<
            Last edited by EricKei; 05-05-2011, 01:03 PM. Reason: clarified
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Several months ago I worked selling U-Verse door-to-door. During that time, I was killing time at Best Buy looking at the 3D-TVs... just to see what they were like and how they worked, no intention to buy. One of those guys came up to me offering DirectTV and I looked at him and replied "uh, I work for AT&T..." That stopped him. I wasn't rude about it, of course, I just found it amusing.

Comment

Working...
              X