This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check-out entitlement whores

At Target tonight, four lanes were open with nobody having a light load in their carts. I picked the one line that had a slow woman signing up for their Red card, so it was a bit of a wait. Suddenly, this mean, nasty woman came along and said to my cashier, "Get me a manager to open the express lane now!". This cashier did not respond right away since he was helping Red card lady, so she yelled at the top of her lungs "I want a manager to open up the express lane! Now!". And, when nobody would hurry up with this request, she then marched over to the pizza counter, slammed her stuff down on the counter, and demanded to be rung up. The lady already there with her little boy wasn't able to leave fast enough.

Nobody likes to stand in line for a long time, and I didn't like waiting on Red card lady, but being just mean like that isn't in me. If I threw my weight around like this lady did, I know I would get nowhere. In fact, the lady behind the pizza counter would have told me to go wait like everyone else has to.

I hate entitlement whores!

wow, anger management and self control issues. wth..."i demand..."

so what? no one likes to wait, but it doesn't sound like a half hour to checkout to me; she needs a little bit of a clue by twelve.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Wow. You know... there comes a time when you just have to say no.

Comment

And even IF they opened and express lane or rang people up at the food or whatever, why would EW get to go first?? You were ahead of her!!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
          she needs a little bit of a clue by twelve.
          Clue by twelve.....psh! More like clue by twenty four AND a frozen trout for her suckiness and EWishness.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That's when you hope there's a manager with backbone enough (I'm dreaming, I know) to say to her "No, Ma'am, I will not open the express lane for you. I will not let you check out at the food counter. As a matter of fact, I'm going to ask you to leave the store, due to your behavior. Have a wonderful day."

Of course, that's only a fantasy...lord knows it'd never come true!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              And even IF they opened and express lane or rang people up at the food or whatever, why would EW get to go first?? You were ahead of her!!
              For the same reason these people cut ahead when another register opens and the cashier says, "I can take the next person in line.". What that translates into for these SC's is, "I can take the first person that beats the next person in line.". Had it happen more times than I can count. I love it when the next person is one with one or two items, and yet the one that races and beats you there is the one with a zillion items.

Comment

At our store we are trying to eliminate that by personally inviting the next person, and yet people still jump ahead.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  At our store we are trying to eliminate that by personally inviting the next person, and yet people still jump ahead.
                  I ran into that last week at the Perfect Drugstore (posted a week ago last Friday.)
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

More of beating the next person in line's turn!

Had it happen again this week........at Target (why is it always Target these days?) School shopping is going on, I had three items, and only two lines were open. The shorter line was the slowest due to another Red Card Lady, but this time, it was her having a nice long chat with the cashier about how she loves her card and saves money. This conversation went on for about two minutes after she was all rung up and given her receipt. Meanwhile, the longer line was actually moving faster.

The next woman in front of me was another of those electric scooter users who suddenly had lots of energy to use when the cashier scanned her coupons. I don't know.....they seem weak while skabooging around the store in these, yet seem full of energy when it comes to those damn coupons. They all are able to bolt up out of those scooters, not struggle with needed assistance from someone else.

During the scooter lady's check out, the express lane opened with "I can take the next person with ten items or less", which was me. But no, right as I was about to move over, another woman walked right up with her shit and dumped it on the counter, even though she saw me moving over.

It's a given. "Next in line" means "Next entitled person in line" to these people.

By the way, not to sound chauvinistic, but it seems with me lately, it's the women who do this more often than the men. Does anyone have a story of men that do this? Please share.

Comment

I would have told her to STFU and wait in line like everyone else, and if she talked back to me she could effin leave.
                      ......../\
                      ....../__\
                      ..../\...../\
                      ../__\../__\

Comment

My wife and I were at Wal-Mart one afternoon a few years ago and were waiting in line to check out and behind us was a couple who apparently failed at waiting. They started getting upset that the cashier wasn't extremely fast and started making comments. I turned around and said "ya know, there are other aisles to go to" the lady got snippy and said "no there aren't" I looked to my left, then right and said "you're wrong...there is at least two or three others on either side of us." The husband then tried using his size to bully me with "You know, son, you should be nicer to my wife" to which I replied "When she is nicer to the cashier". A CSM came up and asked if there was a problem. I replied something to the effect of "Just showing this couple that there are other lines open than the one they're complaining about". The couple walked off as my wife and I got to the front of the checkstand. The cashier said "Thank you...not a lot of people defend the cashiers". I said "Look, I was one for a long time and she *pointing at wife* is one." The cashier grinned and sped up for us.
                        Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Dale do you have a single brother?

Comment

LOL, sorry, no....there is only one of me and I'm taken.
                            Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Working...
                            X