Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For that I'd also say it's worth letting corporate know what happened and telling them that the manager tried to make amends but ... they should be aware of the kind of people that are working there.

Comment

I've gotten still-frozen food (warm breading, meat that the knife could not pierce on a chicken-fried steak) from *ahem* Wednesday's before (shortly after they made that switch -- it was the last time I've set foot in the place, and the one near here shut down back in the 90's within a year or two of that "switch" anyway...This is not a town that puts up with "flash frozen food" when you charge as much as those guys did)...Hell, even "Peppers" closed down around here lately, as well (along with "italian pie hovel").

PS Sarah, I love the ascii art in yer sig -- good thing I have Japanese support turned on or I probably wouldn't be able to see it properly. Very cleverly done ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

C&P from a friend, I liked it but it came out all screwed up at first (tried to do it myself), then came the C&P and now it looks nice.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Hehee. Yeah, I can see how it would be hard to replicate on one's own. Technically, it would be impossible to do so unless you switched to Japanese input mode (IME on XP, just switch it on V/7). I recognize several of those characters.^_^

You should have seen some of the "ascii sigs" from the Japanese players in FFXI when I still played that, some were quite creative...I have a screenie of one around here somewhere, but it's a tad NSFW (which is sorta impressive in a "wtf" kind of way, the space was limited to three 60-character lines or so)
          Last edited by EricKei; 05-14-2011, 07:27 PM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
            That reminds me of an experience I had with my parents at "Butters' favorite restaurant" we got seated right away but got our drinks 10 minutes later, when the waitress came back to take our order she didn't write anything down because she "had a good memory". Almost a half hour later she came back with her order pad in her hand and said "I'm sorry, what did you order again?" We were pissed we paid for our drinks and left, but not before dad flagged down a manager to tell him what happened.
            I had that happen once at a Waffle House. Except it was my food and no one else's at the table and she did write it down. I am not ashamed to say I threw a fit. And by Butters' favorite restaurant do you means Raisins? That tickled me. I bet she called you "sweetie".

Comment

No, Butters from South Park. The restaurant is Bennigans, I used to LOVE that place until they closed down all the ones near me.
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                You should have seen some of the "ascii sigs" from the Japanese players in FFXI when I still played that, some were quite creative...I have a screenie of one around here somewhere, but it's a tad NSFW (which is sorta impressive in a "wtf" kind of way, the space was limited to three 60-character lines or so)
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                  *snort* Okie ...

But I would like it noted for the record that you asked for it. A bit NSFW, as I stated before.
                  Last edited by EricKei; 05-23-2011, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                    No, Butters from South Park. The restaurant is Bennigans, I used to LOVE that place until they closed down all the ones near me.
                    I meant that Butters..I was thinking of the one where he went to Raisins and thought the waitress was his girlfriend:-)

Comment

LOL, actually somewhat tamer than I expected. I was thinking ASCII art rendition of "The Fisherman's Wife" or something.
                      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth EricKei
                        *snort* Okie ...

But I would like it noted for the record that you asked for it. A bit NSFW, as I stated before.
                        Lol.
                        <filler>
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

My blood pressure would certainly have gone up after that. That....is....just....RUDE!

It's like the time my grandfather and I ate out and he ordered swordfish, yet the lady brought him ribs! Not sure how the two are alike, but this is how I remember this altercation:

G: Grandpa
                          SW: Sucky waitress
                          M: Me

G: Those ribs look good, but I think I will have the swordfish.
                          (SW brings out the food): Here are your ribs, sir.
                          G: But, I didn't order ribs. I wanted the swordfish.
                          SW: Well, sir, I can't help it if you ordered the ribs and really didn't want them.
                          G: I only mentioned how they looked good, but I told you swordfish.
                          SW: No, you did not, sir. You said the ribs were good and ordered them.
                          M: Maam, he ordered swordfish and had mentioned how good the ribs looked while he read the menu.
                          SW: Well, I heard him order ribs, and that's what I brought out.
                          G: Do me a favor, just take it away and I won't eat.

The manager saw all of this after the waitress took Grandpa's food away, so she asked what was wrong. We both told her about this rude bitch of a waitress. Maybe she had heard it wrong, but to stand there arguing was not called for. We knew people make mistakes, but this was someone who certainly didn't want to own up to hers.

Grandpa got his swordfish, and a free lunch, which we did not even think of asking for.
                          Last edited by greensinestro; 05-28-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X