This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mystic View Post
    You should find a random male to play the character of your boss, find out where they are calling from, call their manager and inform them about someone who keeps calling and lying about who they are to get through to a person who requests not to be bothered by sales calls. That might put a stop to that nonsense.
    The way some of these sales companies operate, that might get the guy a promotion.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      The way some of these sales companies operate, that might get the guy a promotion.
      I was gonna say "What, you want this guy to get a raise?" but I see you beat me to it.

Comment

I don't understand how salespeople like this survive very long.

I won't pose... I'm not a salesperson. I couldn't sell water to a man dying of thirst. That's maybe an exaggeration, but I don't enjoy it, and I've consciously avoided sales jobs because I know I don't enjoy it.

However, I took Business Admin in college, and part of that was a fairly hefty chunk of Sales,. And one of the things that they drilled into your head early? The person who answers the phone and takes messages for the person you actually want to make your pitch to is called the Gatekeeper, and they have the power. They're the ones who decide who get to get through to make their pitch, get information they need for their leads, etc.

You kiss their feet, because they are the ones who will make or break you.
        Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
          The person who answers the phone and takes messages for the person you actually want to make your pitch to is called the Gatekeeper
          There is no Dana, only Zuul?
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            There is no Dana, only Zuul?
            And if they ask you if you're a God, say YES!
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I'm the Keymaster.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'm just laughing that you called him by one of his previous names and he didn't catch it...

I can only surmise that at this point you might have to say, "No matter how many fake names you give me it won't trick me into letting a scammer talk to my boss. Thank you for playing, goodbye."

Comment

Working...
                X