This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Who cares if there is a tornado I am hungry"

This was told to me by a friend who works at a fast food place.

A few weeks a go the town her resturant is in had a tornado touchdown. They turned everything off and they were alll in the middle of the dinning room.

this guy pulled up to the drive thru and started beeping his horn ad such. The manager went to the window and tod them that they arent open. the guy went postal and screaming about how he was hungry ad it was thier job to help him.

Before he drove away he said "who cares if there is a tornado I am hungry"

When they did reopen a few hrs later they got alot of complaints b/c of being closed.

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
    When they did reopen a few hrs later they got alot of complaints b/c of being closed.
    and the corp office WILL send all of the complainers free shit no questions asked. if you ever wanted proof that upper management does not really care this is one good example
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Thats what my friend. She bet in the upcoming weeks there will be alot of coupons coming in.

the tornado touched down not even 1 mile away from them but she said that wont matter.

Comment

Coupon for 1 free funnel cake?
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Coupon for 1 free funnel cake?
          That's....terrible. *snerk*

Same when an entire city has a power outage. Somehow it's the store's fault for not anticipating the hungry hoards.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Stores are also supposed to be open when there's a blizzard. SC's risk their life to give us business, so we have to risk our lives to accept their money and kiss their asses.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Stores are also supposed to be open when there's a blizzard. SC's risk their life to give us business, so we have to risk our lives to accept their money and kiss their asses.
              In the case they want to come out. This past winter, with 2 feet f snow and barely just employees to be able to open the store we had SCs complain that not every dept was fully staffed. All three customers that is.

Comment

Oh yeah. Years ago when I worked on Saturdays we had one big storm that dumped over three feet of snow overnight. What do you think were the majority of calls that morning?

"Where's my paper?? I didn't get it! You have to bring me one RIGHT NOW!!!"
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  not so with food delivery businesses. it is the delivery drivers that have to risk their lives and vehicles for SCs and upper management (who wants nothing but more $$$$'s)

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                  The roads were scary and only getting worse. Police were telling people to stay home unless it was absolutely necessary, as in emergency situations only. All businesses were closing early. But a bunch of bingo addicts just had to get their dabber madness on and expected us to stay to kiss their asses. Yeah, but no.
                  never EVER get between a rabid professional bingo player and their cards/sheets. you could very easily loose a a finger or even a limb in the ensuing carrnige and purse swinging

Comment

When I can't go to my grandma's church for bingo I play it online. *insert non-existent bingo smiley here*
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      This Jan when our call center and the GA branch of the water delivery co was shut down due to snow we had multiple customers demand free water because thy ran out during the storm. They got it.

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
                        This Jan when our call center and the GA branch of the water delivery co was shut down due to snow we had multiple customers demand free water because thy ran out during the storm. They got it.
                        Shoulda told 'em. "Grab your biggest pot. Got it? Now go outside, bend over, scoop up some of that white stuff you'll see all over the ground, come back in and stick it on the stove. Presto, water."

Given that snow is condensed water vapor to start with, shouldn't clean snow (i.e. unpissed-in) yield distilled water when it melts?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                          Shoulda told 'em. "Grab your biggest pot. Got it? Now go outside, bend over, scoop up some of that white stuff you'll see all over the ground, come back in and stick it on the stove. Presto, water."

Given that snow is condensed water vapor to start with, shouldn't clean snow (i.e. unpissed-in) yield distilled water when it melts?
                          unfortuneately with all of the pollutinates, chemicals, dust and dirt and other assorted crap that is in the air these days that would be a No. if you ran it through say a Britta filter then maybe.

Comment

Working...
                          X