This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's Lost....

So I work for an equipment supplier for the automotive industry in Michigan. Occasionally, I have to go up to another office. So I was taking some parts to take up to that other office when this woman pulls up in the parking lot. About a mile down on the main street to the side of our building is John Boy's House of Bargains.

Woman: Can you tell me how to get John Boy's House of Bargain?
    Me: (thinking a moment because I don't go there) Go to that street (pointing to the main street) and turn left.
    Woman: How do I do that?
    Me: (thinking) Well, pull out of this parking lot, go on the street in front of it (we are on a side street), turn right and then turn left at the light.
    Woman: How?
    Me: Okay, you see that street there (pointing to the side street)
    Woman: Yes
    Me: Get on that. Go over to the light (pointing to the light) and turn left.
    Woman: How? Can you get in your car and I'll follow.
    Me: No. I'm busy.
    Woman: Explain again....

After about 5 minutes...I hoped she got it. I wonder if was the blue polo shirt I was wearing and she thought we were some super secret undisclosed location of John Boy's House of Bargains (kudos if you get the reference).

Am I to understand this correctly? You are not an employee of John Boy's, you do not know her and you are a random stranger. Yet you should essentially drive her to another destination because she wants you to.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I don't think she wanted me to drive her there. Just get in my car so she could follow me or something like that. I kept looking around for the cameras because I couldn't believe that there was actually someone that stupid.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        John Boy's House of Bargains (kudos if you get the reference).
        John Boy Walton of the Walton's..hence Wal-Mart..yes I am old and yes my mom watched every single episode that was aired over and over and over......

Comment

wow, how in the hell did she manage to get as far as your parking lot without getting lost? i've heard of people having no sense of direction, but combined with that level of idiocy??
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

How did she ever figure out how to get off the street and into the parking lot, if she couldn't figure out how to get out of the parking lot and onto the street???
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There are some questions that I don't really want an answer to. All I know is that it was pretty annoying. I wonder if she complained to Wal Mart about the unhelpful employee.

Comment

Working...
              X