This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatient gas station bitch

So I made the mistake of going to Kroger yesterday late in the afternoon. The store itself wasn't *too* crowded - which means yeah it was a little but... o well.

Then I went to get gas... that was the real mistake. O boy there was quite a line but I needed gas cos my new job is 25 miles away and it eats at my tank. I finally got to the machine and it told me I had to take my card up to the desk to use.

Ok, a little annoying but I can deal with it.

Enter the cast:
    A - Attendant, lady running the gas booth
    GSB - gas station bitch, impatient bitch on pump #1
    Me -

A: Which pump?
    Me: Um... 2? *I go to check*
    GSB: *jumps to the attendant and starts barking out* RECEIPT FOR PUMP 1!
    A: What amount was it?
    GSB: PUMP ONE!
    GSB: THIRTY TWO DOLLARS (or something like that!, with a huff of irritation)
    A: prints out receipt.
    GSB: *HUFF* It's not even accurate!! *HUFF! stalks off*
    Me: ** Twenty dollars on pump number 2, please.
    A: *takes a moment to regain her composure .. and then notices I'm being very polite*

Rest of transaction was very polite. I figure she needed someone to treat her with manners and call her ma'am - especially after GSB treated her like shit.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 05-12-2011, 02:42 PM.

Those people annoy the nuggets out of me. I've told them to wait their turn, to wait at least until I was done with this person, essentially to F-off a few times. I once gave one a look that could freeze FIRE and she tucked her tail between her legs and got to the back of the line. Holy wow, I don't know where these people get their gall but honestly, they need to take a step back and look at themselves. Especially when they just yell things like a demand.

We had a lady start yelling "five" at us and we couldn't figure out what she wanted. Turned out she wanted five packs of a certain brand of cigarettes (she expected us to know her brand). The whole time I was trying to find a receipt for pump 5.

Comment

Uggg... makes me wonder why someone doesn't start yelling at morons like this.

Comment

Well jumping ahead of me I can understand at least - I had walked away from the window to see what pump I was on.

The rest of her attitude however was pure bitch.

Comment

Stupid, too. The answer to "what amount was it?" is not PUMP ONE!

Honestly, I'd have been tempted to go with the two-finger salute and a "PUMP THIS, LADY!"
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'd have been tempted to yell at the SC, "She asked you HOW MUCH, not what pump number!" I can't stand seeing fellow service-industry workers being abused.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X