Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish I could have heard the whole thing . . . .

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I could have heard the whole thing . . . .

Stopped at the office store yesterday to pick up a few things. While the cashier was ringing me up, the phone rang, and she picked up the line while I swiped my debit card.

Cashier: Office Store, how may I help you? Uh huh. Well, he's here today but he's not in right now, he's at lunch. He'll be back in about an hour. [I heard something rather loud at this point]. OK, hold on. [cashier puts caller on hold, and calls over to another cashier], Can you talk to Mr. Important on Line 1?

I had to work hard not to smirk as I finished paying and left the store.

The lesson today, children, is when you're a jerk to someone on the phone and they put you on hold, don't think you have cowed them into submission. They're actually just talking about you behind your back.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

or quite possibly, putting you in a terminal holding pattern.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

rofl. We do that all the time in my office. Because sometimes they just say something incredibly dumb and it has to be shared right that second.

Comment

Working...
      X