This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A complaint I never thought I'd write

That's right. I am going to complain about a bartender.

I was at a pub with a couple of friends, and it was twenty minutes before they closed, so I went to the bar to order one last drink. It was quite busy, and there were only two people serving. I waited, and I waited and I waited, but they never approached my end of the bar. There was a group of four people that had been waiting longer than I had standing next to me, and they were getting quite irritated.

I found myself getting quite irritated. I had been stood there for ten minutes, and I could see that they were not serving people in turn. One of the people next to me caught the attention of a bartender.

C: Excuse me, I'm sorry, but me and my friends have been waiting for nearly 20 minutes...
    Bartender: FINE! I WILL GET TO YOU IN A MINUTE!!!111!!

We waited some more. Normally I would have left and gone to another pub, but this was the last place that was open in my small town. I had been there for nearly 20 minutes, and suddenly they had gone from two bartenders to one, as the other decided this was the best time to start restocking the fridges! The bartender finally came down to us.

Bartender: You're too late. We're closing now.
    Customers/Me:
    C: But I have literally been here for half an hour!
    C2: You have served other people before us!
    Bartender: WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT HERE EARLIER! WE'RE CLOSED!
    C: Is there a manager I can speak to?
    Bartender: NO! NOW GET OUT!

I walked away from the bar seething. I have complained about my time as a bartender on here, and I always try to be understanding when I can see that a place is busy and understaffed, but that was just ridiculous!

Wow, that was no way for the bartender to treat you guys, even if he was having a rough night of it; I'd speak to management; he's going to drive away a lot of business, and you didn't deserve to be spoken to like that.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

To be fair...you never thought you'd run into a total fail situation like that, either, I'll warrant.
      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

I would have told them something along the lines of "It would have been nice had you told me 30 minutes ago that you weren't going to serve me. I wouldn't have wasted my time coming here!"

Find a website that publishes pub reviews and write an honest, yet bad review about them for everyone to read.

Maybe if they lose some business they'll think twice before doing that to you (or anyone else) again.

Hope it helps!
        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Or contacting the owner ... assuming the bartender wasn't the owner.

Comment

Working...
          X