This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husban tells off an SC

We just got back from a little trip, and on the way home we stopped at a very busy gas station to fill up. (My husband used this spiffy website to find the cheapest gas along our route, but the price is probably why the crowd.)

We got in line at a pump where there was a little car at the first pump, and a guy in a big SUV at the second, then a guy in a truck, then us. And we waited. The lines around us moved forward, ours didn't. (Isn't that always the way it goes?) But after a while it stopped being just an example of Murphy's Law and started getting ridiculous. We'd been there easily fifteen minutes, and the cars in front of us couldn't possibly still be filling up! Then somebody got out of the SUV, and said something to the truck behind them, and the truck turned and pulled out of the way, so the SUV could back up. Turns out he was done filling, and the little car in front of him was too, but the driver had gone INSIDE and hadn't come out again! So he was blocking the pump, and blocking everybody else too! And it's not like he dashed in to pay for the gas real quick, he'd been in there much, much longer than that. I kind of thought it was both common courtesy and common sense that if it's busy you pull forward into the parking spaces in order to pay, pee, buy snacks, or whatever, but as they say, common courtesy and common sense both seem awfully uncommon these days...

My husband started muttering things about how the driver of said car was a dick. Who does that, seriously? So eventually we got to the second pump, and the dick's car was STILL THERE at the first one. The gas station attendant told us they'd paged the guy inside a couple of times, but there was no sign of him. We started discussing the possibility of my husband, with his nice, big Land Cruiser, pushing the guy's little car out of the way! I think we were all half-serious about it, because this was getting ridiculous. Finally, when we were just about done filling, the guy comes strolling out. No rush here, he's not in aaaaaany hurry at all.

My husband rolled down his window, leaned out, and shouted "You are a DICK! Pull forward next time!" at the guy.

I don't think I've ever seen anybody look so shocked. He gaped at my husband, then got in the car and zoomed out of there without a word. I don't think I ever could have said it, but bravo to my husband for saying what every other person in the station was thinking!
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Guy must have been in the john. That's the only thing that would keep someone who hears "Move your car or have it towed".

Comment

Either that or he doesn't know his license plate number/make model, and didn't realize they were talking to him. (This is not beyond the realm of possibility around here...)
      The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

At my store we have 18 pumps. For some unknown reason when the gas was ridiculously low, people were lined down the street to an intersection IN THE LINE FOR PUMP ONE.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

One of us had to go outside and direct traffic so they would go and pump at pumps other than one. Another day I couldn't get out of the parking lot because some dingus was lined up for pump one and someone ELSE was parked in the FIRE LANE right next to them so the whole entrance was clogged and nobody could get in or out.

Freakin' ridiculous....

Comment

Doesn't matter. If the pumps are busy, you should pull out of the way if you are going inside for anything but paying for your gas. It's just (un)common courtesy.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Yes, pull away, but be sure the clerk sees you, and be honest about having gas! Yes, we clerks lose track of vehicles during busy times. it happens. So get out of the way, come in, be honest, and get out, please and thanks!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
            X