This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, sorry to burst your bubble?

This weekend, our rates shot up. Same thing everywhere else. Our town is normally higher-priced than other cities further south (including Seattle), so we get a lot of people who just gawk at our prices. I've gotten lots of "Seriously?!?!" reactions tonight. (Yes, and I'm almost sold out, so pay it or pack it!)

Today, I got a phone call from [Competition]. [Competition] is generally priced the same as us. This weekend, they are actually cheaper.

[Competitor]: "Hey, what is your rates tonight for two beds, two adults, and two kids?"
    Me: "$65.99 plus tax, which is $73.05"
    [Competitor]: "Great." *in a slightly annoyed voice* "Can you tell that to this guy?"
    *sound of phone being handed over*
    SC: *in a tone that was excited, with a hint of snootiness*"Yes! How much are your rooms?"
    Me: "For two adults, $65.99 plus tax; the total would be $73.05."
    SC: "Oh.....hmph" *click*

SC just sounded so....deflated and dejected after I told him the price!

I can imagine what happened right before this call.

[Competitor]: "That will be $xx.xx"
    SC: "That's outrageous! [Our Motel] is cheaper! You need to beat their prices!"
    [Competitor]: "Well then let's just give them a call..."
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

lol sounds to me that individual got a nice slap in the face. Figuratively of course. Sometimes it's almost worth it to get those kind of calls.
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Heh. Sounds like that guy gets his crow nice and fresh this time around.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

WOW, I wish I could find a room in Austin where I need to be for that cheap! Best rate I could find for where/when I would need was $229 per night! Admittedly, it needs to be downtown, but there are no major festivals going on, and it would be Sun-Wed... I guess I'll just have to drive the hour each way each day.
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
        X