Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I guess it stopped her spending...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I guess it stopped her spending...

Saw this earlier today, when I had a hair appointment and decided to pick up a couple of magazines on the way. There were 2 tills at the store I went into; and therefore 2 queues. The woman in front of me jammed her credit card so hard into the slot in the chip and pin machine, that it snapped in half. O_o Leaving one half stuck in the machine and one in her hand. She then started screaming at the cashier, saying it was his fault that her card had snapped in two. Nope; she shoved it too hard and it snapped; nothing to do with him at all. I didn't see the end as I moved to the other queue to buy my reading material.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I bet it did stop her from spending (I think karma had something to do with it too). Anyway the only problems I've seen with those machines is either they're not working or the card didn't go through but never someone shoving it so hard that the card broke. Wow, I would love to be a fly on the wall when she tells her credit card company.
    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
    My space
    Facebook

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post
      Wow, I would love to be a fly on the wall when she tells her credit card company.
      She'll probably tell them the cashier did it...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        She'll probably tell them the cashier did it...
        Yep, I bet she does.
        Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
        My space
        Facebook

Comment

With his psychic powers he snapped her card in two without even touching it! XD
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Have you ever had the satisfaction of cutting up a customer's credit card? I've had the bank tell me to once or twice, but we weren't actually allowed to do it. We had to give it back and tell the customer what the bank said.

The only cards I've ever cut up were the ones that customers forgot and never came back for. After they've been in our drawer a few weeks we'd destroy them. Tho I had one woman call later the same day to ask if she'd left her card. When I said yes, I had it, she told me to cut it up because she had already cancelled it!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Only once, and they were forgotten cards. Cept, we destroy any cards left at the end of trade, so I'd hate to be on Customer Services when the SCs ring up the next day. O_o
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Have you ever had the satisfaction of cutting up a customer's credit card? I've had the bank tell me to once or twice, but we weren't actually allowed to do it. We had to give it back and tell the customer what the bank said.
                Actually, if the bank tells you to cut up the card, you're legally bound to cut it up, regardless of store policy. That means the card is likely stolen, and giving it back to the customer could be considered being complicit in the crime (since you'd been told the card's status), though the extent varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

I had that point drilled into me more than once when I worked at a convenience store in Massachusetts, during the training videos.
                DJ Particle

Comment

Have you ever had the satisfaction of cutting up a customer's credit card?
                  Oh yes, yes, yes! It was SC in a hurry and when I called to bank to double-check, he just bitched that he really didn't have time for this, he was late for his meeting with city board etc (if in a hurry, why the hell did he have time to browse through the travel section & buy tons of books?). I told him that I was sorry (as if) and that I only had to follow the instructions I'd been given. Ok, he was a SC, but apparently it was the credit card company that had made a mistake that lead to cutting up his credit card. But I'll say it again, I just did what I was told to do and got 150e reward from the credit card company. Yea!
                  My collague in the same store had a semi-sadistic way of cutting credit cards veeeryyy slooowwwllyyyy. But she has 30+ years' experience in retail, so you can hardly blame her.

Comment

Working...
                  X