This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did That Really Just Happen?

This is the other thread where the tech support guy was on the phone and they were going to send us a tech to fix my laptop: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=77687

Today was the day my laptop was supposed to be fixed. This is what JUST HAPPENED TWO SECONDS AGO:

*ding dong*
    Dad: Hello.
    Tech Guy: Uh...I owe you an apology.
    Dad: Okay...?
    Tech Guy: Not just for being late but...I moved stuff in my car and somehow forgot the motherboard.
    Dad: ....so go back and get it. It has to be here.
    Me: *facepalm*

He then spends freaking five minutes trying to find out if my parents will be available for a rescheduled time during the weekend (uuuh NO.) I'm sure my Dad's face was priceless, I couldn't see it but seriously he can't have been poker facing it, he's just not like that. The guy was stuttering and like bent over and almost freaking out and finally was like, "I'm gonna try to reschedule my other ones so I can get back today..."

Yeah...you do that Mr. Tech Guy...you do that. AND BRING THE F-ING MOTHERBOARD THIS TIME.

I see the tech had his micro-bit memory installed.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Sounds like the tech had a memory leak
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Did he ever come back?
        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

In all fairness, he did apologize right away, and asked if you could reschedule, not knowing the answer or the backstory.
          Dell doesn't have 'employees' that do tech calls; they have subcontractors that are Dell-certified. Granted, it wasn't cool to ask the same thing different ways for 5 minutes, but they do get dinged by Dell for missing a service call.
          Hope it gets fixed today!

Comment

UPDATE: He came back at 4 and replaced everything. It booted up just fine but the mouse pad doesn't work. Dad told me not to mess with it until he can tear someone a new asshole again. Woot woot. At this rate it'll be fixed in 10 or so years.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
              UPDATE: He came back at 4 and replaced everything. It booted up just fine but the mouse pad doesn't work. Dad told me not to mess with it until he can tear someone a new asshole again. Woot woot. At this rate it'll be fixed in 10 or so years.
              Wait, did the tech just slap the thing together and not test it?
              Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Most likely the interface cable that goes from the touchpad of the laptop didn't get plugged into the motherboard..

That or he shorted the circuitry behind the touchpad.

That tech is a dick.
                Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

It might just be a driver.

No, since the thing takes 2-4 hours to set up after having all the shit installed (Motherboard, hard drive, fan cooling system, power cord) they just get to a point where they can leave and they don't test anything. That's why Dell calls you for a follow up but our follow up call was BEFORE all the stuff got finished because the guy was late and then didn't have the parts. So it's all messed up and whatever so my Dad's gonna see if it's just a driver and we just install it with the CDs I have or if we have to flip shit AGAIN.

When I buy my own laptop, I'm getting an HP. I'm gonna do ridiculous amounts of research and then I'm going to get one. I think I'm going to get a computer geek and just walk through Best Buy with him/her and listen to them talk about them. If it correlates with my research, we might have a winner. Good plan to me.

Comment

Oh. my. god.

I'm totally dumbfounded how much you've gotten the runaround with this computer.
                    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
                      Oh. my. god.

I'm totally dumbfounded how much you've gotten the runaround with this computer.
                      I'm just relieved that my father is the one dealing with them now, he's the only person who can seem to get anybody to do anything. I feel like they have a note on my account that says "If Gaki calls you can say whatever you want, if she starts crying just wait a little longer, she'll hang up."

Now I think my account has a note on it something like this: "If Gaki's father calls...do what he wants. He's scary."

Yep. Tech guys have a hard time giving my dad the run around since SURPRISE, before he was a photographer he was the director for several IT departments for major companies. Ta daaaaaaaaaaaaa. I went from feeling kinda bad for the Dell guys having to deal with him to really really spiteful so I might actually send that really nasty letter to them, updated of course to include their latest asshattery.

Comment

UPDATE: The tech replaced the bottom of the computer and didn't put the sticker that has the service tag on the new bottom so my computer no longer has a service tag. The techs my Dad called now are now clueless as to what to do because they have no service tag anymore. Yay. My father has the tech dispatch number but when the guy wrote it down it's hardly decipherable. We have the case number, however, so they'd better get their damn shit together and figure out what they're gonna do for me.

Holy Hell this is ridiculous.

Comment

Gaki,

You may want to check the Consumerist website to get Dell's corporate info.
                          Send an Executive Email Carpet Bomb (EECB) after this whole situation is over.
                          Submit EECB to Consumerist site for extra exposure.

Comment

Computer for now is fixed. FOR NOW. Who knows what'll happen in a few weeks or a few months. I'm considering the carpet bombing. Thanks for the advice everybody. I'm typing this post with my fixed PC. I'll let you guys know if anything else occurs.

Comment

Congrats on the fixed compy

Comment

Working...
                              X