Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a rewards card or face my WRATH!!!

Once I went to CVS at 1am to get a 5 hour energy for a coworker of mine. He has a 5 month old son and he worked night shifts so he needed it. When I went to pay for it the convorsation went a little something like this:

Cashier: Is that it?
    Me: Yepp
    Cashier: Do you have a CVS rewards card.
    Me: No I don't have one.
    Cashier: Oh well you need one then *grabs forms and papers and pens and cards and whatnot and dumps them all in front of me*
    Me: Ummm....
    Cashier: Just sign here and fill this out and
    Me: Mam. I really don't need a CVS card...
    Cahier: *gives me the "yeah right" look*
    Me: I only come here like once a year.
    Cashier: Oh come on! You only buy 5 hour energy once a year!!
    Me: Actually, I don't drink it ever. This is for my friend at work. He asked me to get it for him.
    Cashier: So you're just not gonna get it then?!
    Me: Nope. Sorry.
    Cashier: *huffily slams all the paperwork to the side and sulks through the transaction without a word*

Apparently, unless you have a CVS card you can't recieve pleasant service by this lady I understand that she had to upsell the cards (I have to upsell items at my job too) but most of the time, when a customer says "no" they don't push. She was wayyy too much
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

I'm still trying to figure out the benefit of the card myself. I only go to CVS to get my meds, and maybe (once in a double blue moon) buy stuff that I need. The problem is that the OTC stuff CVS has is more expensive than Walgreens, and let me tell you, they do not like to be told that.

I understand you can earn bonus bucks, but again, seeing as I just get meds and I can't use the bucks towards that, it's not really in my best interest to have a card.

Sometimes (read: rarely) they have good deals, but there was an article on Yahoo about why it's not always a good idea to buy certain items from CVS.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      I'm still trying to figure out the benefit of the card myself. I only go to CVS to get my meds, and maybe (once in a double blue moon) buy stuff that I need. The problem is that the OTC stuff CVS has is more expensive than Walgreens, and let me tell you, they do not like to be told that.

I understand you can earn bonus bucks, but again, seeing as I just get meds and I can't use the bucks towards that, it's not really in my best interest to have a card.

Sometimes (read: rarely) they have good deals, but there was an article on Yahoo about why it's not always a good idea to buy certain items from CVS.
      I go to Wallgreens too I wasn't ABOUT to tell her that though! The only reason I went there was because it was the closest, open drugstore.
      Answers: $1
      Correct Answers: $2
      Answers that require thought: $5
      Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

I have one of those cards and rarely use it. They send me emails with coupons, etc., and I never use those either. I just don't go there very often.

I wish all of these places would just lower their prices and stop the stupid cards altogether.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
          The benefit of the card is simple. It's not for the customer. It's for the store to send you junk mail.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            The benefit of the card is simple. It's not for the customer. It's for the store to send you junk mail.
            Exactly. They give you "bonus bucks" you may or may not use; in return you get spammed by whomever they decide to pass your personal information along to.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              That's why I like the local grocery store. They do the same thing but... instead of sending us junk mail they send us coupons based on what we've been shopping for.

Comment

I wonder what my info is for my CVS card. I got it roughly ten years ago...about three addresses and eight telephone numbers ago. Normally I just scan it at the kiosk in the store to see what coupons are available, when I go.
                It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Terry need a haircut right about the time we left MD and were coming to Florida. He goes to a Hair Cuttery and the woman acted like she was going to stab him unless he got one of those cards. He kept trying to explain that we were moving to an area that didn't have a HC close by, but she kept insisting without giving a good reason why he needed one RIGHT THEN. He eventually just left.
                  "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Working...
                  X