This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not that hard

Went to the local warehouse store to pick up a few things and had a few minor sights.

Changing lanes

First stop was the meat counter. I needed some ribeyes for the grill (yum!), and was trying to make my way through the crowd. Just as a path opened up, some dumb broad veered suddenly to her right and cut me off completely, oblivious to the glare I sent her way.

Forklift Follies

Went to a specific lane to pick up ONE item . . . and found it roped off. In spite of this, one couple went under the tape and leisurely strolled up the aisle, oblivious to the fact that in the next aisle, a man with a forklift was moving pallets. One wrong move, and something very heavy could have been dropped on their heads.

It's not that hard

Went to checkout. As the cashier rings me up, she hesitates and says, "Ma'am, the computer says it's time to renew." Her tone was meek and apologetic.

Me: OK, just add it on, then.
    Cashier: Wow, you really made that easy.
    Me: Well, it's really not that hard.

I didn't ask, but I guess from her reaction that she gets a lot of sucky customers who throw hissy fits when this comes up.

It didn't occur to me to protest. It's a pay to shop club. You want to shop, you got to pay. If I didn't have the money for the membership I would have had to put the stuff back. I wouldn't have liked it . . . but then again, I knew it was getting close to that time of year, and I usually hit the warehouse store the first or second week of the month after I've been paid and I've got the cash.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Must be the Club of Sam...lol.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Must be the Club of Sam...lol.
      No, the other one actually . . . Company of Cost.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

One wrong move, and something very heavy could have been dropped on their heads.
        Yeah but it'll be like Rocky & Bullwinkle vs goof gas... "No brains, no effect"

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          It's a pay to shop club. You want to shop, you got to pay. If I didn't have the money for the membership I would have had to put the stuff back. I wouldn't have liked it . . . but then again, I knew it was getting close to that time of year, and I usually hit the warehouse store the first or second week of the month after I've been paid and I've got the cash.
          Not knowing for sure, since I usually go with Mommy and/or Lizziebeff, but I was under the impression that they usually mention that it's getting close to time to renew and would you like to now?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
            Not knowing for sure, since I usually go with Mommy and/or Lizziebeff, but I was under the impression that they usually mention that it's getting close to time to renew and would you like to now?
            They do if you shop there frequently. I shop there about once a month and was past due to renew as a result.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
              No, the other one actually . . . Company of Cost.
              My membership dues are coming up really soon for them again...sigh.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Last year, they didn't ask for the renewal until the month after it was due. I even asked about it, and they said it wasn't showing up as due yet. Weird, but at least I had the cash to cover it.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                X