This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone sighting - scam found on my voicemail

Computer voice on my voicemail: "... many frauds we are glad to inform you that your debit mastercard has been locked. To reactivate it please press 1 now and you will be transferred to our security department."

hmm. I thought we had a BS flag here.
    anyway... yeah Scammy McScammer

not to mention that I don't have a mastercard

Hubby and I both had one recently. He actually spoke to the guy, whereas my phone didn't ring at the time so the guy spoke to my voicemail instead.

Some guy who sounded pre-recorded talking about how they'd been "referred to me" regarding jobs of some sort, some high-end position, and if I was open, to give them a call. I deleted it.

Seriously, unless one of the local temp agencies still has my info for some inexplicable reason, I don't know who would be referring me. I haven't had true employment in 4.5 years, since I had Oldest. I'm currently semi-self-employed as an artist. Smelled like a scam to me.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

i love those things when its people. let them do their whole speal and then act all confused. "but.. i don't have a master card/ a car (for insurance scams)/ am not a homeowner/etc. " they usually start stammering.
      Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I am almost hoping they'll call me back...

Just so I can ask them questions like... "Is it my MasterCard with Blue Mountain Darsain?" or something like that, just to see how far they'll take the lies.

Or to tell them that yes my first name really IS PepperElf'); DROP TABLE lname;"

Thank you, XKCD!

Comment

>table lname dropped
          >Warning! Severe rule #1 violation!
          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
          X