This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suspect a shoplifter sighting...

Today I decided to go out for lunch and then head over to the local Barnes and Nipple, where I finally got to use a gift card that I've had since last Christmas. I went in, wandered around, found my book, bought the aforementioned (tee hee -- I said "aforementioned") book, and was heading out to my car. Lots of people were coming and going as I left, and one guy left as I did.

We both headed to our cars, which were located in the same row. Turns out they were located next to each other, actually. So far, no big deal. We unlocked our doors, and i started my car and looked over my shoulder to avoid flattening anyone...

And that's when I saw him in his car, pulling up his shirt and pulling a bunch of magazines out of his waistband.

Hm... Curious.

So what do you all think? Shoplifter, or is carting magazines around in your pants the hot new trend for summer?
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
    Barnes and Nipple
    oh

I hate you now

That is NEVER getting out of my head. Every time I go into B&N I'm gonna end up giggling horribly.

And yes, shoplifting from B&N is stupid easy. Many of my friends in HS didn't have AC, so during the summer we would simply spend all our time in B&N reading books and enjoying the free AC. A few of those friends walked out with a book on more than one occasion, completely innocently, and would always return it as soon as they realized it, however it gives you a good idea of just how easy it is to walk out with a book or 2.

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
      And that's when I saw him in his car, pulling up his shirt and pulling a bunch of magazines out of his waistband.
      Wow, he must have really, um loved those magazines.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

I'm not sure I'd want to put those back on the shelf if they were recovered...
        Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Rargh double post... I'm on a borrowed connection, so it wasn't going through >[ Sorry!
          Last edited by ThirdGenRetail; 06-14-2011, 03:16 PM. Reason: Double post by accident!
          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
          X