This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Little Retail Rabbit View Post
    Perhaps the OP could have screamed back in Maggie's ear?
    I have to be honest here. If it were me, I more than likely would've.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Micer View Post
      From what I understand, and for all I know it can be an old wives tale, but it's very easy to wind up getting pregnant again right after having one kid
      If you're not solely breast-feeding and not using some method of BC (soley breast-feeding doesn't eliminate the ability to get pregnant in many women and it doesn't affect it at all in some), then, yes, you can get pregnant the very next cycle after having given birth. There are women who show up at their 6 week post-partem check-up already pregnant again.

Multiple implanted embryos with IVF is actually pretty rare, especially if the doctor is following the FDA guidelines. They're only supposed to put in 2 or 3 at a time. There's a much higher occurance with women taking Clomid, which is a drug that causes a woman to release many eggs at once.
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
        you can get pregnant the very next cycle after having given birth. There are women who show up at their 6 week post-partem check-up already pregnant again.
        When I was about to leave hospital after having my son, a midwife came to me and said she wanted to have a word about contraception. I started laughing at the idea of ever having sex again, but she was serious.

She said that my body had been carrying the baby for 9 months, it had got used to it and as far as my body was concerned it now had a vacancy... and I would probably fall pregnant again in a moment (not a good idea straight after a C-section).
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          When I was about to leave hospital after having my son, a midwife came to me and said she wanted to have a word about contraception. I started laughing at the idea of ever having sex again, but she was serious.

She said that my body had been carrying the baby for 9 months, it had got used to it and as far as my body was concerned it now had a vacancy... and I would probably fall pregnant again in a moment (not a good idea straight after a C-section).
          Mebbe you should have a word with the team of super-parents....before they have more O.O
          Answers: $1
          Correct Answers: $2
          Answers that require thought: $5
          Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Micer View Post
            From what I understand, and for all I know it can be an old wives tale, but it's very easy to wind up getting pregnant again right after having one kid -

After spending years in Salt Lake I can confirm this one. It's EXTREMELY unsafe for the mother but I've known women with 6 kids all between 9 and 11 months apart in age.

Comment

Frankly, if I'd walked into a place that had four screaming kids in it, I'd have turned right around and walked back out.

And if they came into the store after I was already in line, I'd take my food and leave. There's no way I want to sit there and listen to that, I get that enough at home from the neighbors.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X