This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still can't belive this happened. <Grim>

As I was listening to the radio today, a story came up about a drug scam gone horribly wrong.

Guy gets perscription for a pain killer that is given in patch form. Guys sells it to a friend who is at his place. Friend eats the patch. Yes you read that right. I guess it was a rather powerful pain killer designed for a time release instead of being hit with it all at once, since he starts haveing a very bad reaction.

So the guy drives his friend home (who is by then obviously suffering from a massive overdose) and dumps him on the couch. Friend expired, and the guy is conviced of manslaughter.

I honestly can't think up a comment that wouldn't be in amazing bad taste.
    "Wait... he's alive, but his head's gone..." -Crow

Well from now on I bet they put "Not to be taken orally" on the wrapper, assuming they haven't already.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Well from now on I bet they put "Not to be taken orally" on the wrapper, assuming they haven't already.
      Like these folks bother to read directions...! Who ever heard of eating a patch?!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Mr. Crow View Post
        I honestly can't think up a comment that wouldn't be in amazing bad taste.
        BOO! Bad pun!

Secondly, they were both idiots. The first guy for EATING it, the second guy for not at least dumping him in the hospital.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          BOO! Bad pun!
          Oddly enough that was not ment as a pun. IT wasn't until about an hour later that I thought that it was some what inapropriate.
          "Wait... he's alive, but his head's gone..." -Crow

Comment

This is why we have those stupid warnings.
            For instance:
            Warning: Coffee is HOT.
            I believe a law suit was made out of that one and the lady WON.

Why would the friend be on for manslaughter? Did he tell the friend to eat it? Is free will gone now? Have I missed something?

Though he really should have taken the guy to the hospital or called 9-11. I have no sympathy for either of them. It may sound harsh but I really don't have sympathy for morons.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
              This is why we have those stupid warnings.
              For instance:
              Warning: Coffee is HOT.
              I believe a law suit was made out of that one and the lady WON.
              From what I remember of that the reason why she won was that the coffee was 20 or 30 degrees F hotter than anybody else sells it at.
              ludo ergo sum

Comment

Manslaughter includes reckless disregard for human life, so abandoning his friend to a couch, when he was in obvious need of medical attention is disregard. It's similar to your friend getting stabbed, and you throw him on your couch to recover. The law expects you to take minimum actions to help another human being in distress.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Manslaughter includes reckless disregard for human life, so abandoning his friend to a couch, when he was in obvious need of medical attention is disregard. It's similar to your friend getting stabbed, and you throw him on your couch to recover. The law expects you to take minimum actions to help another human being in distress.
                  So we're responsible for every dumb fuck that has no common sense? Every moron can count on inconveniencing someone to save them from themselves? I can understand saving a child-they don't know any better in some cases. But some grown man eats a patch... I have no sympathy for them.
                  I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                  "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Here's an article about the coffee woman:

http://www.seanbaby.com/news/mcdonalds.htm

Interestingly enough, my own cousin did this same thing. He stuffed a cup of hot coffee into his man bits and hit the Jersey turnpike. He ended up in the emergency room later. Being laughed at.

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
                      So we're responsible for every dumb fuck that has no common sense? Every moron can count on inconveniencing someone to save them from themselves? I can understand saving a child-they don't know any better in some cases. But some grown man eats a patch... I have no sympathy for them.
                      No, but if you're with a friend and suddenly that friend starts behaving very strangely, like overdose strangely, and you DRIVE THEM HOME and then leave them there alone... I'm sorry, but that's callous and selfish (and completely against all tenets of common sense), and you damn well should be convicted if they die.
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                        No, but if you're with a friend and suddenly that friend starts behaving very strangely, like overdose strangely, and you DRIVE THEM HOME and then leave them there alone... I'm sorry, but that's callous and selfish (and completely against all tenets of common sense), and you damn well should be convicted if they die.
                        What kind of person is 'said friend' if he lets the guy eat the thing in the first place? Where's common sense there-on either of their part? (btw I'm in no way trying to piss anyone off here, I just suppose I'm playing a bit of the devils advocate...)
                        I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                        "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Well sad to say another Darwin awards winner gains his moment of fame. Sometimes I would just love to be able to summon their spirits and go what the frakkin hell bright idea was that?

As for sad warning labels: On a jar of Planters Dry Roasted PEANUTS! that my wife bought: Warning may contain nuts. I would sincerely hope so!

Comment

I think the guy is in trouble with the law not only for abandoning his friend, but because he SOLD him a PRESCRIPTION painkiller. That's illegal. The medicine was for him and by law should not have been given to anyone else.
                            I HATE stupid people!

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
                              What kind of person is 'said friend' if he lets the guy eat the thing in the first place? Where's common sense there-on either of their part? (btw I'm in no way trying to piss anyone off here, I just suppose I'm playing a bit of the devils advocate...)
                              He may well not have known the guy was going to *eat* it until he ate it.

Quoth jayel View Post
                              I think the guy is in trouble with the law not only for abandoning his friend, but because he SOLD him a PRESCRIPTION painkiller. That's illegal. The medicine was for him and by law should not have been given to anyone else.
                              And here, he's most likely in trouble for being *too* honest. The friend is dead. He could have just said his friend ate his patch and left off the part about selling it to him first. There might well have been suspicion, but no proof. But the manslaughter charge would have to be for abandoning him instead of taking him to a hospital. Surely he had some idea the problem was serious.
                              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X