Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a friend like that, who needs voodoo curses?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Hhyhbt-ok, I can see that. I wouldn't expect that either.

The story brings to mind the image of a mother slapping a child's hand as they're about to put something in their mouth-man, where was that common sense.

Uck. Can't stand stupidity. We're all guilty of what I like to call "blonde moments", but then there's those doosies that make you wonder how they made it this far in life...
      I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
      "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

OT, but ShortTemper...what does your avatar say? The writing is too small to read...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          OT, but ShortTemper...what does your avatar say? The writing is too small to read...
          Yeah, I saw that later. I was hoping it would be big enough. It said "Stupidity will get you banned from speaking to me" Not too funny I know... I gotta work on my wit. I thought it went well with the sign though.

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
            Yeah, I saw that later. I was hoping it would be big enough. It said "Stupidity will get you banned from speaking to me" Not too funny I know... I gotta work on my wit. I thought it went well with the sign though.
            I like it

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              I like it
              Thread jack-sorry.

Ah, well thanks! I originally had a pic of my bunny up there but I didn't want to be able to be identified by anyone at work, especially since I have the same pic up at my desk. So I made that sign up... too small. Made another one up with the "THINK" header, a pic of a martini glass, and my caption: "Warning: Mixing alcohol and stupidity will get you banned from speaking to me." Much more funny I thought, but still too small...

So after mulling it over, I decided on a pic I took myself of flowers I got for muh b'day a while back. I know that was way longer than it should be, but I wanted to explain how I'd come to the current one...

Now, back to the thread.

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                As for sad warning labels: On a jar of Planters Dry Roasted PEANUTS! that my wife bought: Warning may contain nuts. I would sincerely hope so!
                Peanuts are actually a legume, not a nut. They do, however, have pretty much all the characteristics, such as killing people who are allergic to nuts.

Cashews are a stem.

Not sure if there are any more, but for once they may have been more right than most people knew.

Still pretty daft, though

Rapscallion

Comment

Raps: Ok. True enough. Still either way like you said rather daft.

I was reading the torpedo heater earlier too.

Brief explain for one who may not know. A torpedo heater looks and works sort of like a jet engine on top of a fuel tank. Only it doesnt compress the exhaust so it doesnt produce motive force only a highly heated fast moving air.

It actually says on the case WARNING combustion chamber and exhaust are hot while in operation. I seriously worry for humanity.

Comment

On Preparation H there is a warning that is something to the effect of:

Not for human consumption, external use only.

I guess someone ate some of it... Man, I love Darwinism!

Comment

If these are the patches I think they are, Duragesic have little pictures on the packaging on where to put them. Amazingly, none of them depict eating them.

Yay for darwin, I suppose.

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
                        On Preparation H there is a warning that is something to the effect of:

Not for human consumption, external use only.

I guess someone ate some of it... Man, I love Darwinism!
                        That was created for my stepbrother, who actually ate a couple of the suppositories.

He said he thought they were cheese pellets. I'd never even heard of such a thing.

At least he didn't have to worry about hemmroids of the mouth.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                          As for sad warning labels: On a jar of Planters Dry Roasted PEANUTS! that my wife bought: Warning may contain nuts.
                          McD's fruit and walnut salad, while it was up on the menu boards, had a disclaimer afterward: Warning, food item contains nuts.
                          I'd point it out every so often to coworkers. It was just one of those moments where you have to turn off your brain and stare.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I just noticed the other day, at the train station I frequent there are signs on the ceiling that say "WARNING: Do not walk on ceiling." I guess the idiots won't let something so small and trivial as physics get in the way of their miraculous demise.
                            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                              I just noticed the other day, at the train station I frequent there are signs on the ceiling that say "WARNING: Do not walk on ceiling." I guess the idiots won't let something so small and trivial as physics get in the way of their miraculous demise.
                              that is great! (here's hoping the train station people just have a sense of humor and didn't get sued by some wannabe Spiderman...)

Comment

Working...
                              X