This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great fools

Where I currently live there is this AMAZING ice cream parlor, they're part of a chain that seems to only exist in OH and KY, they have chocolate chunks in their ice cream the size of fingers some day, and it's creamy and soft and....

Anyway, they also stay open late at night, so some friends and I went up last Sunday, and got there just before the rush hit, got our ice cream and sat outside. We were sitting there chatting when I looked over to see a guy banging on the walk up window. Above his head there is a clearly lettered sign that says "Walk up window CLOSED" and the menu that is there when it is open is nowhere within sight. anyway, I comment on this to my friend, who also works in retail, and the following events happen.

Me:
    K: my friend, who has very little tolerance for SCs
    SC:

Me: "Do you think he can see the sign?" *it is currently directly above his head*
    K: "I don't know. I'll find out." *walks over to man* "Sir, you are aware the walk-up window is closed, correct?"
    SC: "I GOTTA DOG!" *continues to bang on window, gesturing furiously to workers inside*
    K: *walks back over to me* "That's not going to change anything...."
    Me: "no, it's not. the ice cream parlor is fine with people's dogs so long as they are well behaved and stay all 4 paws on the floor. They've even held 'doggie days' with water for the dogs. That guy's dog is ignoring the kids with ice cream dripping on his fur, I think he'd be fine.
    K: *goes back over to man* "Sir, you can go inside, they don't have a problem with dogs."
    SC: "THEY GOT A WINDOW, THEY SERVE ME AT THE WINDOW!!"
    K: "Sir, the window is closed."
    SC: "GOTTA DOG, THEY GOT A WINDOW."
    K *getting angrier, so I end up calling a, 'let's go' before something happens.

I honestly think he just didn't want to stand in the line of 15 people.
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

Does this chain start with a "G" and rhyme with "Maters"? If so, OMG, I love them.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

mmm, ice cream.

I love dog friendly places. The only bar I actually go to happens to be really dog friendly, so it's fairly normal for there to be a dog or 3 there, generally with one of them wandering about being social :P

Comment

THe ice cream place I used to work at had a defunct walkup window. It was held closed with a large chunk of wood, and was entirely blocked by machinery, but like clockwork, people would try to order at it.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
          Does this chain start with a "G" and rhyme with "Maters"? If so, OMG, I love them.
          Yes, yes it does, hence the title. and yes, their ice cream is fantastic.

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
          THe ice cream place I used to work at had a defunct walkup window. It was held closed with a large chunk of wood, and was entirely blocked by machinery, but like clockwork, people would try to order at it.
          Impressive, but sadly, the wood will not take your order. Poor, poor SCs
          Last edited by Opalin; 06-15-2011, 09:16 PM.
          Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
          Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
          -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
            SC: "GOTTA DOG, THEY GOT A WINDOW."
            K *getting angrier, so I end up calling a, 'let's go' before something happens.

I honestly think he just didn't want to stand in the line of 15 people.
            Yep They sure do have a window. I am however surprised you plan to keep your poor dog waiting there until the window opens at <time> tomorrow morning. Of course he'll be able to lie down, but won't you get tired of standing after a few hours?

Comment

Working...
            X