This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's your fault!

My DD and I went to the grocery store today and we were standing at the service desk. An elderly woman came in right after us.

SC = ya know
    M = manager
    W = worker

W: Can I help you?
    SC: FOOD!

The worker looks at the manager who explains to him that another worker was putting the ice cream back in the freezer and had put the groceries still in the buggy aside.

M = We were not sure how long you would be so worker put the ice cream in the freezer

Apparently SC had came to the grocery store with no way to pay. She had her wallet clutched in the hand when she bellowed FOOD! so I assume she went home to get her money.

SC = Well, he best be gettin' it back!

Said in the most hateful voice with a even more hateful look. As I walked off I remarked to my daughter that it was her fault and now she had the nerve to be rude about it. My teenage daughter said she was thinking the same thing. I don't care if I am buying a pack of gum I always check to make sure my wallet is in my purse. It is just a habit. But if that happened to me I would be apologetic and thankful, not rude like it is somehow their fault she had no money.

If they didn't put it away she'd be complaining that they let it melt.

Comment

I had to leave groceries last week--I left my wallet at work, on a closing shift, so there was no way to get my wallet. There's ONE grocery store that's open to midnight, so sometimes I swing by to get dinner after work from the stuff they put out from their food stations. And you know what? I felt -horrible- about it, because I knew they were going to have to damage out the sushi I'd picked up. (I'd REALLY wanted sushi, too! )

What is it with people and their spoiled, nasty "Why-doesn't-the-world-stop-for-me" attitudes?
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

What's with the caveman mindset? FOOD!!! Really?

If a customer had come up to me and said that I would have a wide-eyed confused face and would turn and gesture to the whole store. Either that or say "No FOOD! ME CLERK! FOOD THERE!"
        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

i'm betting she tried to go for a freebie grab or discount on it too.

as if it's someone else's fault she couldn't pull her head out of her ass long enough to remember to bring money to the store...

Comment

When I was working at the supermarket I had a co-worker do this to me. It was her day off and I had just finished my shift and ended up the queue behind her. She had a trolley full of food, three kids and the hubby all with her and was 45 minutes away from home. Her MIL ended up coming out to bring her wallet out. She was laughing it off like it was nothing.. considering it was where she worked I wouldn't have been so easy about it!

I've done it once after I lost my wallet and canceled my cards - I found the wallet a week later and forgot to switch out my cards with the new ones. Luckily I had enough cash on me to buy all apart from one item but I was still very embarrased!
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Yeah it sounds to me like she was resentful that they made her go home and get money. You mean I HAVE TO PAY???!?! But I'm a sweet little old lady, so FOOOD!!
              "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                "No FOOD! ME CLERK! FOOD THERE!"
                WHAT? NO! ME NO FOOD! *points to another known SC* HIM FOOD! GO GO FOOD! BYE! *runs away at maximum speed*
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X