This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad the SC

My father came over to my house yesterday and wanted to take my son out. So out the three of us went. Dad says he is getting hungry so up to the craptacular establishment of Burger King we go. NOthing against he employees there I just think the food is gross and avoid it at all costs when I can.

So here we are at the drive thru. Dad asks me what I want, I say a whopper junior with cheese and a small fry with a water.

Dad gives my order no problem.

Then comes my dads order.

D: Dad
    PD: Poor drive thru worker

D: I want a whopper meal
    PD: Do you want cheese with that?
    D: Did I say I wanted cheese with that?
    PD: No sir, will that be all?
    D: Yes
    PD: Ok your total is blah blah blah, please drive to the window.

Well we are stuck at the drive thru box. They were busy. Which is no big deal to me, but dad goes into a tiraid. Which is beautiful but all I can hope is the poor girl working drive thru can't hear him. I remember listening to idiots in the drive thru when I worked for Arby's. I love when they don't realize I and everyone in the store could hear them. Yes I worked at an atiquated Arby's. So anyway here we go.

D: Dad
    M: Me of course

D: What kind of idiot do you have to be to work here?
    M: Dad I used to work in fast food am I an idiot?
    D: Well your different, you worked fast food while in high school.
    M: Doesn't matter, sometimes you take the job you can get. Doesn't mean you're an idiot.
    D: Well if someone doesn't say cheese then they don't want cheese.
    (God dad just shut up, I know some questions are just so ingrained when you work in a place that you ask them anyway)
    M: Dad you know she can probably hear everything you are saying.
    D: Probably too dumb to understnad we are talking about her anyway.
    M: I hope they spit in your food.

So we get up to the window, and she has the head phones in her ears. She gives my dad this sickly sweet smile as he hands her his money. Looks at me in the passenger seat and you can see the smile change to a genuine one.

My father is a pompus prima dona, so I am sorry for anyone who has to serve him.
    Last edited by Luckymom; 02-09-2007, 11:09 AM. Reason: I need to learn to use spell check
    http://leae.livejournal.com/

Never Mind

At least you know that he is difficult. And you have made sure you don't behave like him.
    Well done to you.
    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Oh, I can't believe your dad said that about fast food workers and you were one of them. I mean that's gotta be hard to hear that your dad thinks that fast food workers aren't bright and don't know what they are doing. I mean some are probably are kids in high school and college.

Anyway I've been wondering if my mom's an SC because I've seen and heard a couple of SCish things. The first one I just heard from her and she said she was going to buy some small furinture from Target. Anyway when she brought them up to be ringed they were actually higher then what she saw and I don't think she asked for price check. Anyway she didn't want them and left. Then I went with her to buy some baby stuff for a relative's shower and we went to the store that they had their registery at. Anyway my mom was using a check to pay for them and it was really weird how they did a check because they did it electronicly but you don't write on it not even your signature. Well, for some reason the check didn't go through and she try it again but it still didn't go through. Well, my mom wasn't happy because she's been paying this way and had no problems not to mention she knows how much she has on the account. Oh, she didn't have any other forms of payment and I even offer to pay with my check card but she didn't want that charge on my card (I also think that it probably deny it to because it was from the same bank). Anyway we left without anything not mention saying she was never going to shop there again (she did go out the next week to Wally World for the baby gifts) and she did say she was going to talk to the bank to find why that store didn't take the check (not sure what happen).
      Last edited by rdp78; 02-10-2007, 03:04 AM. Reason: added something
      Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
      My space
      Facebook

Comment

Why not just let you pay and write her check to you? I used to do that with my mom when I bought Christmas gifts that were from her for other people (OK, and some for me, too - there are no surprises anymore ) from work with our extra "employee appreciation" discount. I'd write a check or use my check card and she'd just put the money back in my account (her name is on my account because when I opened it I was not living nearby and there was a branch of my credit union where she used to work, so if I needed her to do something for me there would be no problem).
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, I was planning on that happening but I think what it was she so upset that they refused her check (this is the first time it has happen too) she didn't want me to do business with them either (that's my guess) and she didn't even buy anything that was on registery anyway not to mention she didn't need to buy them at that store anyway. Anyway I kind of wanted to get out of there quickly becuase she didn't make big fuse but people were starting to look are way to see what was going on and by then I was bit embarrassed. I mean she did later on go to Wally World and buy the gifts without any problems of paying.
          Last edited by rdp78; 02-10-2007, 11:55 PM. Reason: added something
          Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
          My space
          Facebook

Comment

Geez *blush* Your avatars are so similar (yeah, I know, totally different breeds, but I need new glasses!) that I thought one of you was just having a conversation entirely on their own!! LOL
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
            X