This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy CSR

Note: I wasn't sure where this story would fit... if I put it in the wrong place, my apologies in advance.

For my satellite TV, I have Dish Network. I've had it for about 6 years, and I have no complaints. Ever since I had them put in a SuperDish for my local channels, though, it's been a tad flaky. Every so often, if the moon is right and Mars aligns with Jupiter, the switch on the dish will give my receiver fits, and it'll report a problem and then say it can not detect it. Usually, turning everything off, letting it sit, and then turning it back on will typically make it find everything again and all is well. Until yesterday.

This time, I reset it, and ran the switch test on it no less than 55 times, trying every possible disconnect/reconnect scenario I could think of, and nothing. Only a few channels were coming in on the one part of the switch it could pick up, so I knew it was getting a signal as those channels were fine.

So, I call their tech support in defeat. The rep I got was very nice, listened to my troubleshooting scenarios, and agreed that I'd already done everything she'd have asked me to do anyways. She said they'd have to roll a truck out, but if I signed up for their protection plan, it'd save, and from what she told me, it would indeed, so I signed up for it. It would save money on this trip as well, so that was nice of her to point it out.

During the entire call, though, her computer was giving her fits, taking forever to bring up screens. She was continuously apologizing for it, I told her not to worry, I had plenty of time. I work with computers for a living, trust me, I know how they can get sometimes. She thanked me over and over for being patient, and the entire time, I thought of the stories here, and I can imagine she's had some less than patient people call in the past. She did seem on edge, like I was going to go SC on her at any moment, but I knew better than that. I at least made someone's day a little brighter. I won't have TV until Monday, since that was the earliest they could get to me, but I have plenty to keep myself occupied until then.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

You rock. I wish all my callers were like you!
    *gives IT Grunt a box of choccies*
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
    X