This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he's a leprechaun, too

Took Hubs to Seattle for the first time yesterday. Did some shopping at Pike Place, did the Underground Tour (worth it, IMHO), got lost a few times...it was a lot of fun! In addition to seeing some of the sights, we ran into some of the city's more...interesting residents.

Quick note: Hubby is what you could call vertically challenged. He's not super short, but he's on the short end, especially for a guy. (He claims he's 5'6" ....I call BS because I'm 5'7" and I have at least two inches on him, so his actual height is somewhere in the 5'4"-5'5" range.....5'6", my ass!) He also has a red beard. The hair on his head and everywhere else is brown, but his facial hair is red, and he was wearing a hat so you couldn't see his brown hair, but still...

We were waiting for the bus, when some guy who was either on something or needed to be on something pointed at Hubs, shouted "Hey! A leprechaun!" and staggered towards us.

Crazy dude: "Hey man, are you a leprechaun?
    Hubs: "No, but I've been called that before. It's the beard." (He's been called that before by me, and recently. Can't remember why I called him that, but I did!)
    Crazy dude: "You look like a leprechaun, man! Are you sure you're not one?"
    Hubs: "No, I'm not."
    Crazy dude: "THEN WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU, MAN?!?!"
    Hubs: "I don't know. I wish I knew. I just don't know."

The crazy guy wandered off, chuckling to himself and muttering about leprechauns. I'm just glad he didn't try and steal Hubs' pot o' gold!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    Crazy dude: "THEN WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU, MAN?!?!"
    Well I know what I'm not, and that's a rude drunk ignorant fucktard . . . such as yourself.

Comment

(He claims he's 5'6" ....I call BS because I'm 5'7" and I have at least two inches on him, so his actual height is somewhere in the 5'4"-5'5" range.....5'6", my ass!)
      Male measurements are different from female.

Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post

Yes indeed. Some males claim things are longer taller than they actually are.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Six inches is this ----- long, right?

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
            Six inches is this ----- long, right?
            That's what a lot of men day. esp. the sleezy ones.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post

hehe, reminds me of something I saw on...failbook maybe.

It said the reason women can't park is because men have been telling them 3 inches is really 6 inches for years.

Comment

Quoth pageantmama View Post
                hehe, reminds me of something I saw on...failbook maybe.

It said the reason women can't park is because men have been telling them 3 inches is really 6 inches for years.
                At a friend's house (before remodeling) the washbasin in the bathroom had the taps and spout as separate units, and you couldn't turn the taps on more than 1/3 of a turn because they'd hit the spout. I joked that it must have been installed by a female plumber, who was used to her boyfriend telling her this (hold thumb and index finger as far apart as possible) was 8 inches.

Tech background: Washbasins have 2 standard spacings for fixtures, 4 inches and 8 inches. Single-unit tap sets use 4 inch spacing, separate tap and spout sets use 8 inch spacing (just like kitchen sinks). If you use a separate tap and spout set on a basin with 4 inch spacing, depending on the handle design the taps can foul on the spout (as was the case here).
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Took Hubs to Seattle for the first time yesterday. Did some shopping at Pike Place, did the Underground Tour (worth it, IMHO), got lost a few times...it was a lot of fun!
                  I'm glad you had fun (apart from that weirdo). Seattle is great! We went there for a few days, visited the Space Needle, Experience Music Project (recommended!), Pike Place Market (also recommended!) the aquarium, etc. Would love to go there again sometime.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

well if it makes you feel better, he's still taller than me.
                    my old mil ID said 5'4" but I'm really 5'3.5"

Comment

Working...
                    X