This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpy Lady at Grocery Store

I went to the local grocery store (Safeway) to be exact. I was in line, putting stuff on the conveyor belt (have my D&D gaming group coming for a game tonight so we need provisions, of course).

Anyways, as I'm done with putting my stuff onto said belt, a person in a management position(?) comes up behind me and puts up a chain and tells the cashier that he's free to go after I'm run up & therefore I'm the last customer. The cashier (a really nice older guy), even turned off his light.

As I'm being rung up (right around the last few items), a grumpy older lady (older than me and the cashier), looked right at the cashier, asked him if he's closed, and the cashier said "yes." Then she said "Well, the other lines are long." And he said, "I'm going home."

And that's when I chimed in: "He's not a robot!" (and I kinda sing-songed it). I don't know if the grumpy old lady heard me, but I got a giggle out of the cashier. Then I looked at him, a little embarrassed 'cos I've never spoken up like that, and said, "Well, I really don't think you're a robot."

I then told him about this site, and as I was walking away from his lane, I told him to have a nice day going home.

I'm assuming they didn't have other registers not in use and could open one up just for her so she didn't have to stand in line. Anyway I wonder what she does during the Holiday season and every register is in use with long lines.
    Last edited by rdp78; 02-10-2007, 11:50 PM. Reason: added something
    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
    My space
    Facebook

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
      (have my D&D gaming group coming for a game tonight so we need provisions, of course).

Were they Funions and a Mountain Dew? (let's see if there are other Stephen Lynch fans around...)

I then told him about this site, and as I was walking away from his lane, I told him to have a nice day going home.
      I was at a store back around Christmas I think, in line behind 2 other customers. The first was an older couple who were arguing (between themselves) over a nickel while they were paying. Then the next woman was fine but not too friendly looking I guess. When it was finally my turn, the cashier apologized and said "you'd think I wouldn't be surprised by people arguing over a nickel" (or something to that effect). I laughed and said "you should check out Customers Suck.com". He brightened up a bit and said, "Do they have a forum?" I said They sure do! I wonder if he ever made it here... (It was a grocery store, W*****s, so if you're here, )

-ams-
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Were they Funions and a Mountain Dew? (let's see if there are other Stephen Lynch fans around...)
        I'm not gay! I was at the tavern with wenches!
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

No, the store was out of Funions. And as for the Mountain Dew ... i've been told by my doctor to cut back on the caffeine.

As for Geekiness - not only do I have the original version of that song, but I am the proud owner of the 2005 BONUS version! Yeah, I rock! LOL

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
            No, the store was out of Funions. And as for the Mountain Dew ... i've been told by my doctor to cut back on the caffeine.

As for Geekiness - not only do I have the original version of that song, but I am the proud owner of the 2005 BONUS version! Yeah, I rock! LOL

I have the version that is on The Craig Machine; I recently put a bunch of his stuff on my iPod. I've been listening to him on my way home from work lately.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Were they Funions and a Mountain Dew?

-ams-
              WHAT! Everyone knows that Chee-tos and honey-pretzel rods are the true snack of warriors!
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

We have a grumpy old grouch that comes to our store also.... she has a problem with me. She ALWAYS complains about me..... If you are not in the deli as soon as she walks up she complains.... you may have had to go out on the floor and help a customer, use the restroom, get a truck form the back freezer, I could be up at the front office checking my e-mail, or making a schedule..... I can still see the deli from there..... it is just "next door". She thinks that she royalty when it comes to service..... I HATE HER......... I discussed this with the store manager.... I told him that SHE was HARRASSING me while I was at work..... and that I was not going to put up with it. He told me that the next time that she came to the deli, to tell her that I would have to have the manager on duty wait on her.... I CAN NOT WAIT to see the expression on her face when I tell her that.... It will make my day!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  WHAT! Everyone knows that Chee-tos and honey-pretzel rods are the true snack of warriors!
                  Chee-tos! are you nuts! They stain a character sheet! How can you build a character that will live in legend if the sheet is stained?
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

If you are D&D fans at all check out a production by a group called Dead Gentlemen Productions called "The Gamers" its a riot if you've ever played any tabletop RPG's at all.

And don't forget your best defense is always to cast magic missile at the darkness ^^

Comment

wait a minute... *snicker* You have a girlfriend?

yeah...uh... no.

And on that note, fans of 8-bit theater will enjoy this little D&D flash animation with the 8-bit characters

I especially like BM. "I wanna cast Magic Missile!"

http://www.cybermoonstudios.com/8bitDandD.html
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                        If you are D&D fans at all check out a production by a group called Dead Gentlemen Productions called "The Gamers" its a riot if you've ever played any tabletop RPG's at all.
                        Hubby & I actually have that movie. I've been campaigning for more by them, but he say no.

William Katz (Greatest American Hero) actually produced a movie about Gamers also - he was hawking it at Gen*Con last year, we've been thinking about getting it. I heard it was pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                        X