This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunkin Donuts WTF

I was actually walking behind this guy for a few hundred yards; he's toting one of those aluminum pitchers that Starbucks/Peets/etc uses for their cream. I should have guessed there'd be trouble when we both headed into Dunkin Donuts...he shoved past me to get to the counter so I got to witness this.

My local Dunkies is great, the counter staff is more patient than they need to be sometimes with the 'senior' clientele in my town. This guy galumphs up to the counter and starts hemming and hawing about the wake-up wraps. The things he asks are:

What's an egg white omelet?
    Is it real sausage?
    What's in the egg and cheese wrap?
    Are those (points to hashbrowns) meat?
    Do the hashbrowns come in the wrap?

(I was waiting for him to ask "what's a wrap?")

So after a few minutes, he orders one wrap, then when the server confirms "one bacon egg and cheese wake up wrap" he starts yelling "NO I want TWO and give me the two-for-one senior discount" (there is no such thing). Manager comes out and takes over. He only got one wrap because he only wanted to pay for one (they're only a buck and change).

Now to the pot I saw him carrying. He orders a large hot coffee (again demanding a 'senior price' which is for Small coffees only) with cream, but he holds up the pot and wants them to put the cream in the pot "because I'm walking" (OK, so you want them to put probably a tablespoon of cream in a quart pitcher?) Not only that, but he wants them to fill the entire pot for him...a quart of cream or half-and-half isn't that terribly expensive. Besides if you're walking in 80 degrees won't the one you buy at the store stay a bit colder than the metal pot you've been hauling around all day?

...but given his assness about the wraps, that shouldn't have surprised me.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-24-2011, 01:48 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

makes me wonder if maybe he DID get the creamer pot from one of those locations...

Comment

I was wondering the same too; the only place I've seen those pitchers for sale is a local foodservice/catering/restaurant supply that doesn't sell to the general public (mom has one to bring to waitstaff jobs where they don't have their own, she got it when she was employed with a caterer). I was tempted to pop around the corner and discreetly ask the Peets manager if they were missing a pitcher but I was already running a bit late.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-24-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I read that he was carrying an aluminum bat, so I was expecting someone to be whacked.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Given some of the senior population around here (mom swears some of them are connected to the Russian mob), that would not surprise me...they can get mean if they don't get their imagined discounts.

Comment

You forgot to mention if he got the pot filled.
            GFY

Comment

I don't think he did; when I left he was still arguing with the manager and the pot never left the counter.

Comment

Wow. People never fail to amaze me.

Comment

Working...
                X