This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern Sighting (& Real3D) - no plot spoilers please

This was on the same day I had the issue with them changing my hours without telling me.

Somehow ... all day long, bad kept turning into good somehow.

They took away my sunday hours, so I had the day off to go to the movies.
    Something else bad happened that turned good but I forget what it was.

But the main part was...
    My BF & I decided to see Green Lantern in 2D.

The bad: after the commercials ended the screen went dark... and we waited. We waited so long I took a nap.

The good: The projection computer was down so... we were all being upgraded to see Green Lantern in Real3D, at no extra charge. (and refunds for those who didn't want the upgrade).

I won't give plot spoilers. What I will say is how the 3D looked.

Normally I hate 3D. It gives me headaches and I can never focus on it. The Real3D however was different. ... I can focus on it (YAY) and it doesn't strain my eyes to watch or give me headaches.

My boyfriend even commented once, "It's not in 3D anymore?" because he'd gotten use to it. I had him lift his glasses up a little to look at the background... and to see it was indeed still in 3D.

So that was cool. Granted I wouldn't have paid 3D prices for this - at least not for this movie. But it was nice getting the free upgrade. And not getting a headache from it.

Only other downside.. the people texting during the film. seriously? Fuck off.

And some punks (late teens or early 20s) had their feet on the back of the chairs at first. they grumbled a bit when my BF asked them to put their feet down, b ut other than telling a new friend who showed up that he couldn't put his feet up... they were quiet about it.

I haven't seen Green Lantern. Was it any good? I have heard really mixed things.

I went to see X Men First Class at the weekend, and at the climax of the movie, the person in front of me decided this was the best time to verrrrrry slowly stand up and go to the bathroom. I heard a man a couple of seats away from me clearly hiss "Fuck off!" at him.

Comment

I can never see 3D in the movies, and yet I'm able to see the 3D effect on the trailer that's available free for the 3DS.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I've been subjected to the new (to me) phenomenom of people rocking their movie chairs much harder than is polite. To the point that I hear "click-clunk click-clunk click..." through the move. Ironically, at GL 3D, I had to sit with my foot against the chair of the girl in front of me who would NOT stop rocking, just enough to keep it from hitting the raised row behind her and clunking.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          I haven't seen Green Lantern. Was it any good? I have heard really mixed things.
          It was pretty awesome, imho. Also, I do think it is one worth paying the extra to see in 3D. Granted, I'm not too familiar with the original mythology, so I don't know how bad they messed it up. But from the perspective of someone who is not really a fan of DC comics, I really enjoyed it.

Lately, I've seen Thor, X-men, and Green Lantern, and I have no Sightings stories from the theatres. I guess I'm just lucky.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

The Real3D uses some kind of polarized lens to turn the double-video into a single image.

What I noticed.... It didn't matter if my head was a little tilted. I mean I'm pretty sure if I tilted it all the way over it would have looked odd (and I would ahve looked odd too!) but... I didn't HAVE to keep my eyes in a straight horizontal line.

Not having to keep my head immobilized throughout the film didn't hurt.

Comment

I thought it was a good movie. Granted DC titles seem to have their share of bad luck. I think the only successful ones have been Batman and Superman. I'm honestly surprised they wanted to do another one after the spectacular failure of Jonah Hex. I know there's another Batman and another Superman movie in the works. Maybe DC needs to stick with what works, not what they think will work.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                I'm honestly surprised they wanted to do another one after the spectacular failure of Jonah Hex. I know there's another Batman and another Superman movie in the works. Maybe DC needs to stick with what works, not what they think will work.
                As far as I'm aware, the Green Lantern movie, along with the upcoming Batman (post-Dark Knight Rises) and Superman movies, are in preparation for a Justice League movie, not unlike Marvel's current rash of origin movies setting up for their Avengers movie.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  As far as I'm aware, the Green Lantern movie, along with the upcoming Batman (post-Dark Knight Rises) and Superman movies, are in preparation for a Justice League movie, not unlike Marvel's current rash of origin movies setting up for their Avengers movie.
                  bingo.
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/

dc's problem hasn't been all bad movies. they were behind Watchmen, and their animated films rock.
                  i havent seen the GL film, but hubs has. and he said the only grumping he heard was from the hardcore GL comic fans annoyed with minute details.
                  Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I'm not a massive GL nerd, but I'm savvy enough on the mythology to know how they changed things. (Hint: that's not Parallax's real origin.) But I enjoyed it well enough. The cast did what they could with what they were given. I honestly hope they make sequels so we can see if any other Lantern Corps show up. (I especially want Larfleeze to show up. He's crazy awesome.)
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

i still wish fillion had been GL...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        i still wish fillion had been GL...
                        Fillion can be Kyle Rayner.

With The Man They Call Jayne playing Guy Gardner.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I dislike 3D. I don’t think it adds anything to the narrative, and that’s what I go to the movies for, I don’t like the 3D glasses over my regular glasses, and they almost always do some “hey look we are 3D” effect, that is more distracting than anything else, like having something rush in the foreground or the “car wooshy” thing they did in the fight scene in Green Hornet.

I liked Green Lantern though. (Saw it in 2D) I didn’t notice anything that looked like it was added just for the 3D novelty of it. And the story was close enough to the comics where my geek rage didn’t kick in but different enough that I didn’t feel I knew the whole thing going in. I hear people complaining about the CG effects but I go for the story and as long as the effects don’t distract me too much I am good. (Though the collars of the uniforms were a little weird when they moved their heads.)

If there is a sequel I want them to have Star Sapphire and Senestro as the villains. (Star Sapphire goes good at the end.) If there is a trilogy the third movie should be the Rainbow Lanterns.
                          Last edited by HermitIX; 06-29-2011, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X