This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Darn Rewards Cards...

So, Mr. WS and I were going to Random Letters Shoe Warehouse (Why do my stories always happen when he's with me?) to find me him some comfy, affordable shoes. He finds some awesome shoes that are 40% off. WIN!!!

We go up to check out and this fantastic, perky lady greets us. She's really sweet and even apologizes for making us go down to the last register. We chat about the shoes and then, the she asks the question that ALWAYS makes me cringe.

"Do you have our rewards card?"

Now, mind you, I never shop and the warehouse and neither does Mr. WS. So, we say no, politely.

This is when the suck begins.

Her response is as follows:

Cashier: That's fine, I'll sign you up anyways. I just need your name and address.

Me: No, thank you.

Cashier: (rude and obviously irked) Well, fine.

Suddenly, the cashier isn't polite or kind anymore. Her laughs were forced and barely interacted with us.

Now, I understand that pressure from corporate to sign people up for rewards cards, but I'm still annoyed. Just because I don't want to sign up for a rewards card for a store that I shop at once in two decades, doesn't mean that I don't get politeness.

Ugh.

I completely understand the rudeness, while it is sucky, it is the fact of the matter she realized that she is pretty much screwed because I'm sorry.... how many people need a rewards card to a shoe warehouse??????

However, I'm sure her boss would respond with "EVERYONE!!!!! should have one". Rewards programs "should" reward the customer not punish the employee. I know sometimes after a long day I might revert to crap attitude without meaning it. Of course, where are also the people who straight up suck.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Being at a store that has one of those, there's also the fact that my "success" is measured by percentage of scorecards captured. And if I get a few denials in a row, my score's pretty shot for a while. Doesn't matter why I was denied, that'll still come back on me. Now, I try to stay polite, and I think I've succeeded so far, but inside, when I get a string of "no"s, I'm getting desperate.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Ugh. I can understand her having to ask, but if her management is grading her performance based on how many people she signs up, that is mucho sucky. Or, she could have just been doing it on her own...either way, her attitude sucks!
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I used to work at a company that rhymes with Smears. I know that stupid pressure, but I also knew that customer service was THE most important.

She was probably having a rough day.

I'm more annoyed with companies putting so much dang pressure on peons to sign EVERYONE up for those stupid rewards cards than anything else. If it's effecting customer service, then something has to stop.

Comment

That sounds JUST like my CVS lady!! I have a post somewhere in here about her..... She did the SAME thing. Happy and perky, asks the question, I say no politely, she tries to FORCE me to get a card, I decline, she gets snippy and pissy with me. Only, in my case, she tried to use insults as a sales tool.
            Answers: $1
            Correct Answers: $2
            Answers that require thought: $5
            Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Working...
            X