This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Order = We Just Hate You

I got off work today and managed to witness this lovely little thing.

Background: Our ATM is broken. Just Broken. It looks like it should work but every time you try to use it it's just broken, it freezes, doesn't process information, it's just busted. They've spent at LEAST FIVE DAYS trying to fix it and it breaks like five minutes after they leave. It would have been faster to just throw it in the river and get a new one.

Well today it stops working around 2 when I get off and my CW goes to put a sign on it. She puts the sign on and turns away and this is the exchange:

SC: You did NOT just do that.
    CW: Uh...do what?
    SC: *points at it* That.
    CW: It's out of order.
    SC: But I need money.
    CW: It's not working, Sir, there's a *competitor* up the street if you want.
    SC: They charge a surcharge!
    CW: Well I'm sorry Sir but I'm not with the bank, I can't change this. It's broken.

He throws up his hands and leaves. Seriously? It won't even change from the screen it's on. No no, she just puts signs up because she doesn't want you to get your precious monies. Haha. It's a conspiracy because we hate you. Isn't that FUNNY? I dunno about you, but I'm laughing.

Even with BIG signs saying "Out Of Order", many SC's just move it aside, try to make a transaction & then get pissed cause it doesn't work. Then they tell you that a sign ought to be placed there & when you point out that they just moved it then they give you a look like as if they're saying "How dare you!!"
    Happens all the time.

Comment

Well, everybody knows that those things don't break until you put that "Out of Order" sign on it!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Omg. We have an ATM at <my drugstore> right next to the main register. And it breaks down or runs outta money once every few weeks and it never fails that customers look at us and ask what are we gonna do about it. Us? Nothing. Call the number on the machine if you were shorted. Other then that *we* will do nothing. *bangs her head against the wall*
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Reminds me of the numerous occasions when the vending machines where my Mom worked when I was a kid would be out of order. She'd put a HUGE sign on the glass, then put duct tape over the coin slots. At least 10 times a day somebody would come up to the concession complaining that the machine took their $ but didn't give them their snack. When my Mom would point to the 'OUT OF ORDER, DO NOT USE" sign they'd say "Oh I didn't think it REALLY was out of order, so I took the tape off and put my money in" - yep - like people go around randomly putting signs on vending machines and taping over coin slots on a whim!
          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

SCs will always find a way to miss when something is out of order.

I work for the route division of an arcade. One day when I was replacing a monitor in a driving game, a SC watched me pull the old monitor out and as soon as I stepped away from the machine with the monitor they tried to put their money in. They got upset with me when I told the to stop. I simply asked them how they planned on playing a game when you can't see where you were going. They stared at the gaping hole where the monitor was for over a minute before turning to me and telling me to hurry up and fix it.

Comment

What is with people and out of order things?

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                What is with people and out of order things?
                I believe their brains feel a kinship with them!!!
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Dear Lord, the number of times that I had to put a sign over the ATM machine and people would just flip the sign over and try to use it anyway.

Then they'd yell at ME because it didn't work.

Yeah, you think I fill that thing up with money?

If I had money like that, I'd have a lot less smaller of an ass, and probably a much better job.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Maybe if the sign said:

If you don't read, you're no better than someone who can't.

This (machine) is
                    OUT OF ORDER.
                    That means
                    (You must come into the bank.)
                    (It will take your money, but not give you your stuff.)

Nah. They still won't read it. 'Cuz DeltaSierra is right. But it was fun to think about!
                    I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                    - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Oops - the "who" wasn't supposed to be bolded.

OTOH, maybe the universal "don't" symbol would work - the red circle with the slash.
                      I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                      - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

There is an atm outside the store in the lobby where I work, it's owned by BOA and I cannot tell you how many times we get people come in the store just to yell and scream us because they can't get their cash. We tell them it's not our atm and to call the number on the machine, this little ditty is a true story:
                        SC:"but it's in your lobbieeeeee" (after finding out we can't help them)
                        Us:"yeah but we don't own it, the bank does"
                        SC:"fiiiiiiiiiiixxxxxxxxxxxx ittttttt!!!!!!!!!!111111111"
                        Us:"I told you, WE DON'T OWN IT"
                        SC:"cant you give me the money out of your register?"
                        Us: "Uhm NO?"
                        SC:"why not??? I neeeeed money nooooow"
                        Us:"well sir/ma'am, you'll just have to go to another atm or the bank" (while thinking "go away, please, just go away") usually one of us will try to walk away then.
                        SC:"I'm never coming back to this G-damn store ever again!!!!!"
                        SC will then proceed to stomp out the door making a scene and looking like a fool.
                        US:"Buh bye!"
                        One of our front end supervisors did call BOA to tell them their machine was down and they needed to do something about it because we were tired of atm customers complaining to us. It took them 2 days to fix it, so in the meantime we had to listen to atm customers bitch and complain to US. Yeah not a good weekend.

Comment

Dumb SC could've either gone inside or through the drive through if the bank has one or find another of his bank's ATM's nearby since he didn't want the surcharge.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Ugh. SC's do this to me all the time. We have a jukebox (or however you spell it) in our lobby but it doesn't work, much like the old time beverage dispensor or the old gas pump. It's all just decor. I put tape over the coin slot and people still want me to get their quarters out. It's a quarter people!
                            Also, whenever the redbox is jammed or people have a problem with it they come inside expecting us to fix it. No. I am not a redbox tech, I make food! Call the number on the machine. I have no idea why your movie reservation didn't go through. The only thing I control is the main power supply to the thing, which I WILL shut off if you don't stfu.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
                              Ugh. SC's do this to me all the time. We have a jukebox (or however you spell it) in our lobby but it doesn't work, much like the old time beverage dispensor or the old gas pump. It's all just decor. I put tape over the coin slot and people still want me to get their quarters out. It's a quarter people!
                              Maybe put a sign (which they would read) on it that says:

There is no music.
                              Putting in a quarter is a non-refundable donation.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X