Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have people come in all the time bitching about redbox. They want us to keep the movie and make sure it gets back in. They want us to fix it. I have people caling me up for the. number......the list goes on.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
      I work for the route division of an arcade. One day when I was replacing a monitor in a driving game, a SC watched me pull the old monitor out and as soon as I stepped away from the machine with the monitor they tried to put their money in. They got upset with me when I told the to stop. I simply asked them how they planned on playing a game when you can't see where you were going. They stared at the gaping hole where the monitor was for over a minute before turning to me and telling me to hurry up and fix it.
      Gods, yes. When I worked in an arcade, we had out of order stickers--bright safety orange--that fit perfectly over the coin slots. I can't count the number of times I'd have to refund someone who pushed their quarter through the sticker.

I even asked one person why they did it once. They said, "Because I thought it might work for me."

These people are why I like violent video games.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I have long thought that there should be something that fits into coin slots of broken machines- be it vending, arcade, et al - that can only be removed by a lock and key held by management, so that there IS no physical way to put coins into the machine and then bitch later.

Comment

Back to ATMs....

When I worked at the bank, we'd have to shut down the ATM midway through the day. The branch I was in, was at the far side of town, and really didn't see much business from 12-1. So nobody thought much of shutting it down for an hour or so to maintain it, check its money supply, and to occasionally blow the dust out of its innards.

Except for this one guy. He would come down *every* damn day around noon...and would bitch about how "ridiculous" it was that my employer would *dare* to maintain its equipment. Er, did I mention that this tool was a college statistics professor...who held a PhD? First time, I can understand because well, "shit happens." But to bitch and moan about it *every* day?

At least we all got a good laugh about it. In fact, my boss (the VP of auditing) actually suggested using the ATM's microphone to heckle the guy...similar to the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld. You know "No money for you!"
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X