This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on handicapped parking....and then some

This morning, I had to get my oil changed, so I took the car over to Tire Choice. The place didn't open until 9am, so I waited a few minutes. Suddenly, two cars appeared out of nowhere, one of them with an old woman, about sixty five years of age, but probably older due to the heavy smoking this lady no doubt does. (She smelled like old smoked up curtains inside one's house from heavy smoking).

As she was parking, I had decided to get out and wait by the entrance. She parked in the handicapped spot, hastily put up her placard, and literally made a bee line for the door. She beat me there at a fast pace, then got upset and asked me, "Do you know when they open?", to which I told her I believe it was 9am.

After I answered her, she ran back to her car, then ran over to the other car to talk to whomever was in it, most likely her grandson. This is my point. With all of this hastiness and running she was doing, why was she parking in the handicapped spot? Again, I know there are some out there with special needs, but she looked fine enough to try beating me to the entrance and then running over to her grandson's car.

It did not end there though. Since I was at the door when they were unlocked, I was first to get my car in. About two minutes into it, she started speaking to the guy behind the counter:

SC: Excuse me, but I have a nail in my tire and I need to know what it will cost me.

GBC (Guy Behind Counter): Well, Carolyn, it will be......(He's as sucky as her! He's in the middle of handling my issue, and then turns to talk to her)

SC: Oh, well I need to see if it will be ready before my tennis game today. (Remember, she's in the handicapped spot!)

Me: Excuse me, but I need to know if you can quote me two tires as I may need to buy new ones next time I'm here. (I really didn't need new tires, just decided to cool her off)

SC: (Gives me a look as if I'm being rude to her)

So, if all of this does not prove she's not handicapped but is apparently using this placard to get close parking spots and special treatment, I don't know what would.

And secondly, after she blatantly proved she's not handicapped, she has the gall to come in and interrupt my transaction because she has some special friendship with the guy behind the counter, not to mention he rudely finished with me to talk to her!

Like I've said before, I respect those with disabilities, and I really don't know the whole story about people, but I think this proved she was fine. She probably has a husband that is crippled, whom she probably also committed, but uses this to her advantage.

Hmm, i wonder if a call to the police to have it checked out would be answered?

Comment

if she over 65 doctors will usually just give them even if they don't need them

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        Now that's special treatment due to age, and not the least bit fair.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Being married to a disabled person, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt -- which I was doing while reading your story, right up until the "my tennis game" remark. Yes, many people have qualifying disabilities that don't always show, but those people still need the placard due to limited or restricted mobility. If you can play a full game of tennis (and regularly, as it sounds like she schedules them) then you are NOT mobility limited.

Lady needs a heaping dose of karma. Or would that be CARma?
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            Now that's special treatment due to age, and not the least bit fair.

And we're going to leave that kind of discussion for Fratching, aren't we?
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I've been told you can get a handicapped card for everything from deafness to high blood pressure.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

mom said she could get one for her a-fib since she gets tired easily
                however she refused it because she likes to walk and feels it keeps her healthy. plus she knows how to gauge her own energy level anyway.

though, dad just had surgery... they might want to consider getting him a temp one until he heals up. right now he's up to walking for about 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                X