Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm *not* till-trained, but I hate SCOs for the same reason. I've watched real checkout operators doing their job from a young age, so I have a pretty good idea of what they do. The SCOs refuse to let me even approximate that efficient workflow.

Fortunately there are *no* SCOs in Finland, AFAIK. This may have something do to with the major supermarket chains all being owned by cooperative societies.

Comment

I don't mind the self checkouts when I have a small order and want to get out of the store quickly and I will use them then. I do mind them when I have a full order because I don't feel like doing the store's work and not getting paid for it. I get that it's a cost savings but is it really when you still have to have someone holding hands for every other order?

Comment

Please don't take my SCOs! I love being able to get myself out of the store without being stuck behind Ethel of the Enormous Handbag of DOOOOM looking for a checkbook, or Lady Trying to Buy Inappropriate Items with WIC. I can scan my own produce! I can even ring up my own salad at lunch! I read the instructions next to the screen, to learn!

I don't think I can go back to a line where Cart Full of Beer Guy forgets his ID again. I'll snap. There will be blood and PBR everywhere. Think of the poor fellow who has to clean all that up!
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Considering for the past year and a half, all I've been doing is self-scan...this thread hits close to home.

In addition to the regular selfscans, my company has these things that basically amount to "self-scanning as you go." Surprisingly, people haven't majorly broken the crap out of the system because the random chance of audits keeps most people honest.

Comment

Ah, but in Finland, there are no chequebooks, and there is no WIC. Win-win!

Comment

Working...
            X