This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures in Routing

I recently went to turn in a internet router, having switched internet providers. Now finding the place was almost an adventure itself, but that is not really important lol.

Anyhow, I arrive at the cable company, and head in with box in tow. One of the CSR is in tears. A SC is yelling at her.

CSR - Customer Service Representative
    SC - We know this one by now
    Me -
    CW - CoWorker of the CSR (who rocks)

SC - This is ridiculous, so you are telling me there is no way I can get that back? The thing never even worked correctly, and all I want to do is go back to my original set up. How hard can it be?
    CW - Sir, you can go back to your original set up any time you like, but the setup fee is non-refundable.
    SC - I was never told that! I was told I could go back any time I wanted! The never worked right since it was installed.
    CW - I am trying to explain that you can go back to your original set up, I can do that right now, but the fee for installation is not refundable.
    SC - That is If I don't get my money back, I will just cancel it all.
    CW - I can do that too sir, but you are not getting the setup fee of ((wait for it)) five dollars back. You wanted and agreed to the setup.
    Me - "Five dollars? You made somebody cry over five freaking dollars? *grabs wallet, pulls out a five dollar bill*. There, you have your five dollars, leave them alone.
    SC - *looks at me as if they want to say something, but rethinks it* Still ridiculous..get it back to the original set up!

Appointment for change over is made, and SC stomps out.

CW - "I wouldn't have given him a dime. Let him cancel for all I care."
    Me - *nods* It's just money, and not worth the drama. Some people. *rolls eyes*
    CW - *laughs*

I pay off what I awe them (which was $6 dollars).

CW - "Can I ask why you are canceling your service?"
    Me - "Financial" *I laugh
    CW - "You know we have a program I could put you on to cut the cost right?"
    Me - "Thank you, but I took advantage of that once so don't qualify."

She thinks and does something on the computer.

CW - "Yeah, but I tell you what, I will make a note on the account..the next time you return it will reset and you will be eligible again..just have to wait at least six months."

Which I thought was nice of her, didn't have the heart to tell her I had a two year contract with a competitor.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

and the best part is the SC can't say jack shit to you cos you're another customer.
      which is the best scenario evah

Comment

Not to mention, for some reason people find me intimidating. Never quite figured it out.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I don't. You're a teddy bear. Where can I find one like you? (cause I don't think marmalady will give you up ).
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You got that right, Food Lady! *cuddles Mytical*
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
            X