This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearly hates his job...

I was in target today. Seems like I get the weird stuff when I'm by myself. Anyway, I was looking at something in the frozen section when a target employee says this:

TE: Target employee

TE: Looks like all the classes in high school were worthless. Now we're all doing elementary work.

I didn't know what to do so I just helped him with his rant.

Me: Yeah... I know what you mean. I haven't really used one thing from high school.

TE: Yeah. Look what I'm doing. *sigh*

It was pretty awkward. I felt bad for the guy though... He was pulling merchandise forward. Which really, I felt bad that he was upset not what he was doing.

I changed the subject a bit to how freaking hot it is outside and stuff. Then I wished him a good day and told him I hope his day gets better and ends quickly.

Maybe he just needed someone to talk to. I don't know but I hope he's okay.

That's stuff I've heard coworkers say to each other, not to customers. It was inappropriate, but good on you for assuming he must be having a bad day, and telling him that you (genuinely, I might add) hoped it would get better.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I was in the grocery store the other day, and its a Here Everyone's Bitter Plus! so think like a super wm....anyway, I'm all the way at the back of the store, near the paper products (and i don't know about other chains, but for this chain, the paper products is at the opposite end from produce) and there is a "child" somewhere ( i never saw is or the parents) at least 1/2 way towards the produce, if not closer.... and it is shrieking in that "oh, i just like the way my voice sounds, and the look on mommy's face is funny when i make that sound too" kind of way... and one of the employees is doing 'go-backs' and i hear him say, rather softly, "oh shut up" ... I just smiled, and told him I understood; because honestly, i hadn't been in the store 5 mins, and already was feeling the same way... I'd already heard it that many times....

le sigh
      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Fronting and facing product is more of a collegiate level skill -- marketing.

Yes, it's a primitive form of it, but it is regardless.
        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I had a coworker announce to a customer "yeah, *big box retail* sucks!". Um, then why are you working here? The customer was asking something along the lines if we were having a busy day (you know, a nice customer making conversation) and coworker just stomped over to my customer and made his comment.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It's work they may not care for, but it's also easy to unappreciate at least having a job.

Comment

Working...
            X