X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet, sweet vengeance

Hi everyone ,

Thought I'd add this thread to tell you all about an experience I had in another store, one that I don't work in, that enabled me to enact some righteous retribution on a sucky customer

On one of my days off I decided to go to a clothing store to buy a new pair of jeans, and the queues were very long, as this store is very popular. Whilst most people accept this fact, one woman couldn't, and decided to take it out on a young female worker who was tidying some of the rails:

SC: 'These queues are atrocious! Why aren't you on the tills helping everyone else serve!' (Note that she had actually left the queue to tell her this).

YFW: 'I'm sorry Ma'am, but as you can see all the tills are currently being used, so my supervisor told me to tidy the rails instead.'

The customer suddenly explodes at this, and starts yelling very loudly, whilst poking the girl in the chest with her finger:

SC: This is a fucking disgrace! I demand you get on the fucking tills right now! The customer is always right!

At this point the girl, who I noticed was wearing a trainee badge, starts welling up, tears rolling down her cheeks, yet the customer is completely oblivious to this and continues to poke her.

Therefore I, knowing something had to be done, walk up to the customer, place my hand on her shoulder and say: 'Excuse me?'

The customer spins round: 'What?!'

Me: *in my calmest possible voice* Ma'am, physically assaulting this young girl will not make the queue go faster, nor will verbally abusing her. Therefore, I see you have two options. You can either wait patiently in the queue like everyone else, or you can leave and take your business elsewhere before I call the police.'

The customer's jaw literally when I said this, she quickly mumbled 'sorry' to the young girl, and dashed out the store.

The best part about this? The girl gave me her number, and we're going out tomorrow!

Sweet, sweet vengeance indeed

Stay tuned...
    'Luck, you are Awesome and Full of Win' ~ Jay 2K Winger

'Lets be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed' ~ Mark Twain

Nice one! Good on you for sticking up for the poor trainee!

Comment

Thanks Akasa, it certainly felt good
      Last edited by LuckIsOnMySide; 07-13-2011, 11:30 PM.
      'Luck, you are Awesome and Full of Win' ~ Jay 2K Winger

'Lets be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed' ~ Mark Twain

Comment

luck is indeed on your side :P
        Rawr

Comment

So glad to hear that there are people like you out there!
          My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

moved to sightings
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I'm still waiting for my chance to do something like that.
              Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

awww that's so awesome. There needs to be more people out there like you =D

Comment

Tell us how the date goes.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Defeated the dragon and rescued the princess. Niiiiiiiiice.
                    My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
                      Hopefully the princess isn't in another castle.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

that's awesome. hope the date goes well

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
                          LOL good one. And Luck...you TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!

Comment

Luck, you are Awesome and Full of Win and that was some sweet, sweet pwnage. Kudos.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I can see why she's going out with you. Not only did you stand up for her when she wouldn't be able to, but you did so calmly and with intent to call in the proper authorities instead of trying to be a vigilante or making threats.
                              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X