Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad would've given me the business if I acted like that kid. As I was reading every word involving that kid I was imagining what type of dipshit he might grow up to be.

Comment

I have a little more sympathy. She was trying to correct him. I mean, if Khan acted up in a store we would leave right away, but if I was half-naked in a fitting room it would take me longer than usual to get out of there. I blame the father for not keeping him from running in there, I'm sure the lady thought he was watching the kid and didn't expect him to come tearing into the fitting room.

I do hate the high-pitched howling that only dogs can hear. Luckily Khan has a deep voice already.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'll give the mother a C for effort (exactly when did it become a crime to actually be firm with your children?) and an F for execution. I would never, ever have even dreamed of pulling crap like that as a child. Why? Because my mom was scary. No, she didn't abuse us. I can only remember even being spanked maybe once or twice in my life. But we knew that there would be consequences for bad behavior, and God help you if she had to tell you more than once. She had mastered The Look and The Voice and she wasn't afraid to use either, no matter where we were. I am 27 and my best friend is still a little bit afraid of my mother. Why don't parents these days actually parent?

I totally know what you mean, Blas, about screaming children being everywhere. It seems I can't leave the house anymore without running into at least one.
        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

What CrazyRedHead (you, too, huh?) said!

Plus, to this day (I'm 41), if my mom calls me by my full name....
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            There's going to be a beating...

You're in even worse trouble if they can't remember your name...

[/COSBY]
            Last edited by dalesys; 07-23-2011, 05:11 PM.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
              my mom was scary. No, she didn't abuse us. I can only remember even being spanked maybe once or twice in my life. But we knew that there would be consequences for bad behavior, and God help you if she had to tell you more than once. She had mastered The Look and The Voice and she wasn't afraid to use either, no matter where we were. I am 27 and my best friend is still a little bit afraid of my mother
              Hello long lost sis.

That seriously describes Mama Jedi perfectly.

Quoth Pagan View Post
              NOOOOOOOO!!!! Not the full name!! *cowers*

I still maintain that the sole purpose of a middle name is so you know how much trouble you're in (ie LOTS).
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post

[/COSBY]
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr5-MlEw2MM

- and -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwYVqMj5i6k

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post

I still maintain that the sole purpose of a middle name is so you know how much trouble you're in (ie LOTS).
                Exactly!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who's fully grown and still winces at the first use of the full name.

I love Bill Cosby.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Hello long lost sis.
                    Nice to see you here!

More often than my full name, I just got the first two (which was bad enough, because I HATE my middle name). I guess the last name was implied.
                    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                      More often than my full name, I just got the first two (which was bad enough, because I HATE my middle name). I guess the last name was implied.
                      Well, with my girls, if I use first + middle, they're in big trouble. If I use first + middle + surname, they're in BIIIIIIIIG trouble.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Ah yes, the dreaded Full Name Ultimatum.

My parents didn't often have to resort to physical punishment (i.e., spanking), just the threat was enough to scare us into submission. To this day, if my Mom starts raising her voice into Angry Tones, I get wary, but I also sometimes get irritated, because I know she's not actually angry at me, and I resent the fact that she's using Angry Tone on me for no reason.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

So am I a weirdo for knowing full well I was going to get spanked, but doing the thing anyway because I figured pain goes away and whatever I was going to do was worth it?
                          "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                          "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                          My MySpace
                          My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post

[/COSBY]
                            And now the beatings will begin!

also cosby
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                            X