Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what the hell that crazy freak would have said to me had she caught me checking the ingredients lists on food... for my cats.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

She is bonkers ... I have allergies and HFCS is a migraine trigger for me. I rather sensibly avoid stuff that makes me sick or hurt. [well ok clams and oysters make me projectile vomit ... once it is over it is over. Nothing like the continuing gift of runs I get from tropical oils and coconut]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Beki710 View Post
        Oh good God not the cheese mines!
        Somebody say cheese mines?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          Somebody say cheese mines?
          This made my afternoon! Not seen that since I was a child
          My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

High Fructose Corn Syrup is one of the few things that I avoid no matter what. Not because I have an allergy to it, but because one of my friends is a chemical engineer who pretty much isn't grossed out by anything ever. But he went to a plant one day and returned queasy, telling me to never, ever eat anything with HFCS in it, and that was the end of that. It made grocery shopping very interesting for a little while as I adjusted what I bought, but I actually found out that purging HFCS from my diet helped with the vestiges of my acne. So, yeah, now I check the labels on anything new, and I don't care how good it looks if it has that one ingredient.

As for milk, I'd hate to have that allergy. I like ice cream too much

And I agree with everyone else; she had no reason to say anything. I've never had anyone say anything to me, or at least I've never overheard anyone saying anything.

Comment

Quoth garnetMoon View Post

As for milk, I'd hate to have that allergy. I like ice cream too much

And I agree with everyone else; she had no reason to say anything. I've never had anyone say anything to me, or at least I've never overheard anyone saying anything.
              I've been told soya ice cream isn't a patch on actual ice cream. I always joke with mates that if the world is ending and everyone is given cyanide pills I'll just eat a huge chocolate cake with ice-cream and whipped cream

I couldn't believe her guts. Really ruined my day at the time. I kinda felt that dealing with my allergy was hard enough without her interfering!
              My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

I check things for dairy--I'll still eat it in moderation, but I need to know how much is in there, and if it's worth it. [And I LOVE lactose-free chocolate ice cream--with chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, frozen chocolate chips, and oreo cookies in it. Mmmmmmmm. ]

I also check for aspartame 'cause it gives me headaches that are honestly worse than my migraines. And MSG also makes me sick if there's anything more than a bit, so I need to know wtf is in food. And I can't have lots of fiber.

Yeah, that lady's a doofus.
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                  I also check for aspartame 'cause it gives me headaches that are honestly worse than my migraines.
                  When I'm picking up food items for my mom, I have to double-check for aspartame. Not because she's allergic or has PKU or anything. Simply because she can taste it, and to her it tastes absolutely awful and leaves an aftertaste in her mouth. I do forget sometimes because she's the only member of my immediate family with this problem.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I agree with those who think that 'lady' had image issues of her own... crimenetly.
                    I check labels, I'm trying to generally improve my diet-- which means fewer labels to check in the first place (ie fruits, veg, natural stuff), and the processed stuff I do get better be worth it. When I had to eliminate dairy and gluten from my diet for a test... damn. But then I found potato chips. Potato chips are dairy and gluten free, if you get the right flavors. :3 (EDIT: however, they are high-glycemic load. BAD. .____. )
                    Thankfully, it seems to be something else entirely.
                    To those with food allergies... I don't know how you do it! I'd cry if I could never have dairy again. Or seafood/fish. Or beef. ... okay, soy I can live without.
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                    X