This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Shirt

As FMA_Fanatic will attest, My wacky T-shirts always seem to gather attention whenever we go out.

So tonight we are at the local Sweet Tomatoes and I am wearing my "You Are Not the DM of Me" t-shirt. When we get to the register, the poor young gal behind the counter goes "Ummm. can you explain what your T-shirt means?" I smiled and explained it to her.

Later one of the other patrons asked if he could take a picture of it for his son because "he would love it" which is a first. most just comment on how kewl my shirts can be
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post

So tonight we are at the local Sweet Tomatoes
    I LOVE that place, I could live on their salads alone, but SO many more goodies (and most even healthy).

I miss it so, our closest one is aobut 45 miles, we don't go up that way much lately for other things, and with gas prices lately, too far to drive just for a meal.

Sorry, my favourite restaurant, I get a little carried away...... Back to your regularly scheduled thread now......

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
      I LOVE that place, I could live on their salads alone, but SO many more goodies (and most even healthy).

I miss it so, our closest one is aobut 45 miles, we don't go up that way much lately for other things, and with gas prices lately, too far to drive just for a meal.

Sorry, my favourite restaurant, I get a little carried away...... Back to your regularly scheduled thread now......

We go because it's a nice way to end the week. Plus I get the e-mail coupons.

As for the shirts, he does get a lot of comments on them. Asking for a picture was definitely a first for him. I would have thought it'd be one of the FLCL he has or Inu-Yasha. Or maybe even one of the MegaTokyo ones.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I want that shirt....so hard....
        My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

I have somewhat of a an odd collection of shirts myself, but usually only get comments on them at church >.>

One of my favs is "If you're so goth, where were you when we sacked Rome?"
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post

Oh, I know. We had both Sweet Tomatoes and Souper Salad back in Phoenix. Now, the closest ST is 200 miles away and the closest SS is in the next state! I miss them both!

(Yes, the local natural food market has a nice salad and soup bar, but it's not nearly as large or varied. Plus, it's by the pound, not a flat rate buffet.)
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
              I want that shirt....so hard....
              It looks something like this, but I think the print is a little different. I saw a few doing a google search.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I think I now know what shirt to get Hubs next. He'd LOVE that one!

The shirt that gets him the best reactions is "I'm on a boat." You can always tell who gets it, since they're the ones that suddenly laugh as we walk past, and even sometimes start singing. (Shirt is very similar to this one.)
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

When I worked at the wholesale club, my t-shirts often got that kind of attention. Like my custom-made (via Zazzle) "A.D.D." shirt with the crazy smiley face on it. (On the back, it reads "Proud Member of the Ritalin Generation")
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've had "I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running try and keep up" (litterally 'had' - It was my favourite and I've worn it till its holy, lol)

A Ministry of Silly Walks shirt.

A camo designed one (NOT pink camo, GK :P. Standard olive/drab) which has along the front "HAH now you can't see me"

I am seeing about getting one that says "I'm Tech support. Shut up and do what I say" that's been made by someone from another Forum I'm on.
                    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Hubby has a few good ones. some of my favourites:

"The Spanish Inquisition - Expected by no one since 1972" (I may have the year wrong, I'm going from memory)

"If your really a goth, where were you when we sacked rome" (same as Kanalah)

He also has one that has a Hilter World Tour shirt. Done up like a concert tour shirt with cities and dates. But people can have odd reactions to it so he doesnt' wear it much.
                      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I have the following shirts:

Parental warning: attitude out of control

You have my complete attention... Until someone better comes along.

If you don't like my opinion of you you can always improve. (my dad sent that to me for Christmas last year.)

Eta: I wanna get a few metal band shirts. Cause they tend to be awesome dark.
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

You're not the DM of me now.
                          You're not the DM of me now.
                          And you're not so big.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I have ones that say:

Meh.

Yes, they're natural. (with a picture of 2 d20's showing 20)

OMG Pwnies! (with a pair of MLPs with game controller markings)

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have a few gamer shirts.

Some of them look like these.

Aye, not all gamer, but at least in the same ballpark.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X