X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have to find a new source for my caffeine fix

Okay, for those who don't remember THE 7-11, you can be reminded here

Well, fast forward to a few months ago, the manager decides to give them another chance and starts allowing them to use the store again as long as they don't cause any more trouble. They still make the occasional homophobic remark, but they at least have kept their physical distance.
    About the same time they started Free Refill Friday, where any regular (someone who is there at least 5 times a week) can get a free fountain refill on Fridays.

Fast forward to last night, the store clerk informed us that management had decided to end the Free Refill Friday program for everyone except the employees of the store next door.
    So, let's get this straight... okay, bad choice of words... let's make sure I have this correct, management values the patronage of homophobic douchebags who assaulted a 12 year old child over their other regular customers who (granted, I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's safe to say) have never assaulted a 12 year old child.
    Yeah, I may decide to walk the block and a half the other direction to Chevron and pay 10cents more than the block to 7-11.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I'd say you're making the right decision.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

and that their decision should be made public
      just to see how well the community likes it

Comment

So did they change management or something? That's a 180.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, they changed managers, I don't know when though... it was kind of a behind the scenes thing, I don't know exactly when it happened, I normally go there at night and on the weekends when the manager isn't there, so...

Comment

The other manager was awesome, so he probably got fired. That's what happens at my company.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Geez. Every time I start to think there is hope for this state I hear about something like this. I'm sorry you have to deal with this Smiey. If I knew what 7-11 it was, I'd be sure to boycott them.

Comment

Oh, now the management is backpeddling (according to our neighbor who works there, the franchise owner had always intended it only to be for local businesses, who, incidentally one of the three operated out of that garage was apparently shut down for dealing drugs out of their portion... such winners).
                And Arcus, look for a PM.

Comment

you might also want to consider notifying the corporation
                  and seriously, local news might work well if they care... if they don't care then something on the national level might work better

Comment

Here is the email I just sent 7-11 corporate

I will probably not be going to this store again any time soon. The employees of the store behind them (redacted) routinely harass people walking into the 7-11 (they've insulted my weight, my sexuality, the clothes I wear, I've heard them make racist comments to other customers going to the store and make inappropriate comments to women... they even assaulted a 12 year old child).
                    I found out two weeks ago (and have wondered whether it was even worth it to contact corporate since then) that 7-11 not only tolerates their behavior but offers freebies to them as "good customers" (namely, offering them and only them free fountain drink refills on Fridays).
                    If people who harass your other customers and even assault a 12 year old child are who 7-11 considers good customers, then I do not wish to be counted among them.
                    For my money, I'll walk the extra half a block from my home to Chevron where it might cost me 10cents more to get my refills and slightly more for snacks, but at least I don't have to put up with being called a "fat fuck", a "fag", or other like terms as I do by the "good customers" at your store.

Comment

I am sorry you have to deal with such nasty narrow minded people. I didn't read the original story when you posted but just read it and that made my blood boil.

Comment

Working...
                      X