This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay 1 night, get 4 free...

BG: This particular SC has a reign of terror that spans the country. She will find anything to complain about, even the most benign things, and demand a guest certificate. (Once with us, she couldn't find anything to complain about with our rooms, so she complained that the seagulls nearby were too noisy and wanted a GC for that.) We never give in to her demands for guest certificates, but plenty of others do, and she always has a purse full of GCs that she pays for her rooms with. <end BG>

I only caught some of this from today's conference call (I was in the break room not paying attention), so I didn't catch the location, but...

SC got three GCs from another property for one stay. Why? Because the property was on fire, and the firetruck was double-parked behind her while they put out the fire. SC then went home and complained to Corporate and received a fourth GC from them.

Clearly, we have a real winner on our hands. (A large chunk of the conf. call was about her, and every GM had a story to tell...she's piqued the interest of our Area Manager, and it sounds like her reign of terror may finally be coming to an end...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

How can corporate not see what she's doing?

Comment

I don't know why it's taken so long. As I said, a large portion of today's conf call was specifically about her. The GMs have had enough. Our AM is very interested in SC's shenanigans after listening to all the area GMs. It's taken a while, but it sounds like something is finally going to be done about it.

I say we put the powers that be on at least a region-wide conference call. If it worked for our AM, it should work for our RVP as well as whoever else needs to be informed of this SC. Plus it will be fun to share all our epic stories of this SC!
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

At least they're waking up to what she's doing. But not before she managed to get four nights free from them. Wow, what a little thief.

Comment

I smell a banhammer coming...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Don't be surprised when she changes her tactics when confronted with her antics.

Comment

Ooooo, this is going to get good. We need to have alcohol and popcorn and a good long sit-down for when the story progresses; like when her info is distributed to every property with a ban on her and command to not give her anything!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Won't she just pick another chain?
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

This has been said several times before, but don't corporations know that every time they bend over like this, it impacts their bottom line? And when consumer shows encourage people to do this, don't they realize that it impacts everyone else because companies have to make up for that at some point.

Comment

One can only hope.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      I smell a banhammer coming...
                      What does a banhammer smell like?
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The problem is a lot of this type of SC slip through the corporate notice by sheer volume. Corporate sees so many complaints that they don't have time to screen them all, or even track how many one person has sent. The bigger the corporation, the more likely you can slip something like this by them.

Its one of the reasons SC love to jump straight to complaining to corporate. They know it is easier and more cost effective in the short run to send some complementary voucher than spend salary on the team it would take to track and confirm the issue written about.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                          Really really Thor.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                            It smells like Justice.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Really really Thor.
                              Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              It smells like Justice.
                              Quoth patiokitty View Post
                              It smells like maple bacon with a hint of scorched earth.
                              So it smells like Chris Hemsworth?
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X