This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Melbourne Misty!!! *waves*

Today's weather sucked for sure, shame you missed the balloon flight, I myself never did it, but I see them most mornings, (they even land behind my house some days!) It's something I hope to do one day!!!

Enjoy the Great Ocean Road, I'm sure you'll love it!!! The weather is set to pick up, so you should see some sun!

Have you ever heard the song Four Seasons In One Day by Crowded House?? That's Melbourne for you!! Trust me, you learn the art of layered clothing when you live here!!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip, and all Australia has to offer, even if it is only 8 days I'm sure it will be an adventure!!

Oh, and that woman was unbelievably sucky, I would have gone my own way... but then in a foreign country I can understand your reluctance to do so... glad you enjoyed your massage after all that.. sounds like you earned it!
    "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

I officially hate you all .. I have wanted to visit Australia and New Zealand for years =(

/me sobs in her corner

Pictures?
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Misty View Post
        Boy, did this thread ever get off topic! But as long as something good comes out of it, like helping a bunch of Aussies connect with each other in a spirit of community, I suppose it's ok

Speaking of Australia, right now this Yank is in Melbourne. I'm only in Australia for 8 days, so I don't have time to travel too far from the city; still, there's plenty to do around here. So far I have been to Phillips Island, where I hand-fed kangaroos and wallabies, petted a koala, and saw the penguin parade. Tomorrow I'm taking a 2-day tour of Great Ocean Road. After that I am going to Grampians National Park, and after that I'm taking a ride on Puffing Billy.

I was supposed to go on a balloon ride over the Yarra Valley at sunrise this morning, but it was cancelled due to the weather. It's been cold and rainy ever since I got here. I guess July isn't the best time to visit Australia
        The Grampians are really pretty.

There was a trail somewhere...I think it was in portland called mates rest. It's really cool, there's a tree with a huge hollow in the bottom which acts like a shelter.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Misty,

You're doing great at going to good places around here. I'm in Melbourne myself; resident.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

If anyone wants pics, I can post up some of Adelaide
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
            X