This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herp... math!

Sitting at a MCD's with a bit of money... wandered up to get some late lunch, the total was $2.58... I didn't have a nickel, so I gave him $2.63... and he gave me back my three pennies, then 'forgot' to give me my two pennies change... he gave me my food, and I had to look at him, and said, "So, I get no change? And I gave you the three cents so I'd get a nickel..."
    "Oh, you actually wanted the two pennies?"
    Yes, not that you bothered to ask.
    "Never mind, it's not worth it right now."
    "I call murder on that!"

That guy short changed you on purpose. I'd have called a manager.

2 cents might not seem like much, but over the course of a day short changing customers a few cents here and there adds up.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I have to agree. I refuse to go to the closest McDonalds to me because they've done this to me twice (I think I mentioned it once here on sightings already). The second time I called corporate and the manager contacted me and made me feel like it was my fault. So I've pretty much said the hell with them.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I'd have spoken to a manager about the guy in the OP (who cares if it's only 2 cents - it's my 2 cents, not his), and I'd have re-called corporate about the manager in that last one.

I don't put up with thieves. Especially not when they're working registers.

Another thing to point out: If they're stealing from the customers, then what's stopping them from stealing from their employers, too?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Thats why I wont go through the closest Dunkin Donuts to my job. They will take your money give you your coffee and then will say thank you have a good day and slam the window shut in your face instead of giving you your correct change. Once or twice I didnt think of it and would just pull away to get to work on time.

Comment

Yesterday at McD's and today at Wendy's I was short changed a penny both times. Is this a new trend in retailing?
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I actually knew someone who did this on purpose if they were short on their till. Very dodgy way to get it back. :\
              Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Working...
              X