This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone needs an attitude aid

Today I was at the salon, "gettin' my hair did". I used to go on Mondays when I wasn't working full time, and on Mondays it's usually just my hairdresser there and maybe an office assistant. Thursdays apparently are busier, there is more than one hairdresser and thus, more customers.

I was getting the highlights put in when the salon got a phone call from someone asking if they'd found her hearing aids. They said no (and apparently she'd already asked), they'd checked everywhere. The woman who took the call hung up and said "she's on her way." They all rolled their eyes.

As I was waiting between highlighting and hair wash, the SC came in. She proceeded to go through EVERY TRASH CAN in the place, despite my wonderful hairdresser (WHD) patiently explaining she would never have swept up the hearing aids with the hair on the floor. I was actually sitting in the haircut chair when she edged around me to the trash can in the corner - WHD said "oh, I'll get that for you, SC" but she said oh that's ok, I'll get it myself. (No, it's NOT OK, asshat!) After she was done she wanted to put it back - again WHD said she'd do it but SC insisted on putting it back herself.

After she left our area one of the other hairdressers came over and said something to WHD who said the SC was pissed off because (a) WHD was running a little late earlier in the day and the SC was fuming over that, and (b) SC was sure she had the hearing aids in her ears when WHD washed her hair and she said no, she would have remembered SC taking them out and she never would have done the wash with the aids in. The other HD said something to the effect of "she's always pissed off about something."

By the time I was ready to leave, after an eyebrow wax, the haircut and styling, the other HD was helping SC to look through her purse. Lo and behold, there were the hearing aids, in some kind of pocket/hole. Of course then the SC was like "oh, you are an angel, God bless you..." yada yada yada. I whispered to the assistant who was checking me out, "She may want to wash her hands after going through all those trash cans!" Geeeeeeeeez. I had been thinking my hairdresser probably loves her job, but after that I had to wonder...

Oh, and yes...I look maaaahhhhvelous.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
    Woo, I get to say it!

...ahem...

This thread is USELESS without pics!

What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen!
      Last edited by csquared; 07-23-2011, 11:27 PM. Reason: Typo.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

got a phone call from someone asking if they'd found her hearing aids.
        at least she doesn't have complete hearing loss if she can use a phone to make voice calls. so there's at least one silver lining there.

and yeah i hope she washes her paws before putting them in her ears too. i'm pretty sure having an ear infection cannot help her hear better...

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
          Woo, I get to say it!

...ahem...

This thread is USELESS without pics!

Quoth csquared View Post
          Pics or it didn't happen!
          I'll see what I can do...but my skin thinks it's 15 years old right now so I think I will wait a little longer to take a pic...
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'll see what I can do...but my skin thinks it's 15 years old right now so I think I will wait a little longer to take a pic...
            Ah, but that is what Photoshop is for.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              Ah, but that is what Photoshop is for.
              I knew someone was gonna suggest Photoshop I can barely get up the energy to get my PAID work done...and I haven't even scanned in the childhood photos of my stepdaughter to give to her mother in law for a slideshow she's doing, they're having a much-belated party for the kids to celebrate their marriage with his parents and family present (they're in Cali, we're in Florida, where the kids were married in December 2009). Gah!

Comment

Working...
              X