This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your eyes work!

I was sitting in the mall this morning, waiting for the stores (mostly, BAM) to open, and a woman walks up toward BAm, and then looks at me.
    H: "This isn't Borders...?" Like she's not really sure if that's a question or a statement.
    I: "No..."
    H: "Since when?"
    I: "Beats me, but from the talk I've been hearing, it happened really suddenly... it's been here since I've been in town."
    H: "But, Borders was having a liquidation sale."
    I: "They were, yes..."
    "I call murder on that!"

Ha, sounds like someone's a bit late...
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Well they're having another one too. Kinda sad to see them go, though their online service pissed us off a bit.

BAM sort of reminds me of a Tower Records/Tower Books, only much nicer. They're bound to give another new and used store in our area a run for their money.

I'm just curious if there are any other BAM locations besides the two here in St. Louis.
      Last edited by fma_fanatic; 07-23-2011, 03:25 PM.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
        I'm just curious if there are any other BAM locations besides the two here in St. Louis.
        I've been spending the bulk of my day in the movie theater part in the one in Chesterfield Mall, if ever you desired to meet up...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

yeah, there's a sale. i went yesterday after I got off of work.
          i took off part of my uniform so it wasn't entirely obvious where I worked (not borders)... and still had people asking me where stuff was cos i looked professional

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            i took off part of my uniform so it wasn't entirely obvious where I worked (not borders)... and still had people asking me where stuff was cos i looked professional
            I think we all get that, hon.... It's especially weird for me, though, cause I'm starting to look really ragged most of the time... just... worried at the edges, tired from not sleeping well... you know? And people still ask me to help them.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
              They have lots of locations all over the US. Their list has 230 locations in 24 states.

This is assuming BAM refers to Books-A-Million. It may not since they list only one store in the St. Louis area.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Imogene View Post
                I think we all get that, hon.... It's especially weird for me, though, cause I'm starting to look really ragged most of the time... just... worried at the edges, tired from not sleeping well... you know? And people still ask me to help them.
                o yeah, this is just the first time it happened to me while I was actually dressed in some kind of uniform.

usually it happens when i'm in my normal street clothes.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  This is assuming BAM refers to Books-A-Million. It may not since they list only one store in the St. Louis area.
                  Nope, the store is actually called BAM! and is owned by Vintage Stock...
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Imogene View Post
                    Nope, the store is actually called BAM! and is owned by Vintage Stock...
                    OK. I looked up BAM! on Google and found an article about them opening in former Borders stores which specifically said they were not Books-A-Million.

According to the Vintage Stock web site, they have stores in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. Apparently only the two stores in St. Louis have the BAM! name.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X