Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you asking my husband to confirm this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This opens my rage with the household bills all being in hubbys name even though I'm sure we tried to open them in "Mr & Mrs". Of course they won't talk to me about anything and hubby is never home to sort it out or sort the problems i am trying to ring up for. >.<
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
      This opens my rage with the household bills all being in hubbys name even though I'm sure we tried to open them in "Mr & Mrs". Of course they won't talk to me about anything and hubby is never home to sort it out or sort the problems i am trying to ring up for. >.<
      I hate that too so I was very specific when I set up the bills for this house with my flatmate. Ironically even though I set everything up, the bills only state his name not mine but I am on their computer system as an authorised account holder so I can do account related stuff without him having to call in.

Weirdest bill paying difficulty was many, many moons ago. The electric bill was in the house owners' name ( I rented) and I went in to pay it at the local post office and I wasn't allowed because it didn't have my name on it. She said it was policy that the bill had to be in my name and was quite accusing and agressive for what I don't know. I shrugged and left and came back a few days later and paid it at the same post office no problem. I did bring it up and the worker who processed the payment and she was as baffled as I because there is no policy about paying bills in someone elses' name, they just need to confirm that you want to do it.

Bad day coupled with supposed identity fraud assumption on her part I think.

Comment

Ironclad - yes, the store in Chantilly is still open. It's the original "flagship" store actually. Someday, when I grow up, I'm going to open my own gaming store.

I think when I go there tomorrow (or Friday - been rough week), I'll ask to have my name put on the box too.

I just wish the newest Northlander was out already!

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
          that happened to mom with her insurance company after she got married.

they changed the policy to Dad's name and when she called them out on it they actually tried to excuse their behavior by saying, "Well he's paying for it!"

That didn't sit well with Mom and she forced them to put it back in her name. I mean if they'd put it as "Mrs. Husband name" she would have been OK with it but they did "MR. Husband name"

Comment

You know ...now that I think about it...I've had the utilities in my name for many years now. Two apartments ago and 1 boyfriend ago I put the ex's name on the electric bill...to be along with mine. Somehow it got turned around so that he was the main account owner and I had no rights on it. Once I realized that, after he was gone, I got them to correct it. And no no one gets added to it besides me.....
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Its not that surprising. Women comic and gamers are really rare. Most guys don't expect it of us, so some of them react in ways they shouldn't.

If you go to a con, you'll be treated with much more respect, but generally, gamer guys don't know what to do with gamer girls.

My husband tells me that he's only met 3 actual gamer girl that weren't con goers.

I'm surprised you didn't say something to the guy when he did that. I would have.

Comment

Sadly the gaming, electronic, mechanical (etc) fields are still somewhat behind the times (ok very behind the times). For some crazy reason (don't try to understand the crazy, it will just drive you crazy) some people believe the 'but girls don't do X' (insert whatever for X you want). However, I have to say..girl 'geeks' rule. Girl gamers, etc..are teh awesome.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

*Grins* My own dear Rugz forgot that I enjoyed the last tabletop game we played (around 6 years ago) when we were shopping last night. He was chatting with a staff member and then asked me if I'd play one of the WWII games that he was looking at. I sweetly reminded him that I'd asked if we could play tabletop games more often and told him that he'd clearly blocked out the memory of me kicking his arse last time, which was the first and only time I'd played. The poor staff member had a hard time keeping a straight face.
                  Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I agree with Mytical.
                    Gamer/Comic book girls are awesome, but sadly a rare creature XD

Personally, I try to make sure I never make an assumption based on Gender (or any other classes). Everyone starts off level around me. I form an opinion as I get to know them, not when I first see them.
                    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Working...
                    X