Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, you won't get to see that, lady.

So I'm stopping by after work for my favoritest fast food, Taco Hell. When I walk in, three women are standing at the counter asking for the manager. Other than having a bit of an attitude, they weren't really sucky, until the manager came out.

W=woman, speaking for all 3
    M=manager

W: Yeah, we'd like to complain about HER (one of the cooks in back). She's been running her mouth right in front of us and complaining about us! It's not our fault they got the order wrong. It's unprofessional!
    M: I am very sorry about that. I will definitely speak to her.
    W: (when he didn't go RIGHT AWAY to speak to her) Well?? Aren't you going to say anything to her??
    M: I assure you that I WILL speak to her, and I'm very sorry again etc.

The women started to leave after getting their corrected order, but bugged the cashier before they left.

W: I want the name of that manager too! I'm calling corporate about BOTH of them! He didn't DO anything!

Now, while they had valid complaints, IMO the manager disciplining his employee right there in front of everyone, customers and coworkers, would have been bad form. And the woman made so much fuss about "professionalism". A professional manager will wait for the appropriate time to speak to employees.

Which made me think it was less about professionalism than about these women getting their "revenge" by seeing the offending employee humiliated. I'm glad the manager didn't go for that.
    "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

that's because some people want to watch the beat down so that they feel good

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      that's because some people want to watch the beat down so that they feel good
      This is true. FWIW, I can neither confirm nor deny whether the girl had indeed made insulting remarks to the 3 women. I walked in too late and was too far away to hear anyone in the back room.
      But I can confirm this: one of the complaining women carried a little dog in a purse.
      "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

IF they wanted to see somebody disciplined in public then it sounds like they had too much time on thier hands.

Comment

Working...
        X