X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it wrong to shake old ladies?

because that is what I wanted to do!!

Sorry in advance, it's a long one! With some minor language!

BG: My mother and I work together at the same place, it was her birthday last week so I took her for lunch on our break, we went to the nearby shopping centre to check out some shops and grab a bite in the food court. We'd decided on lemon chicken from the chinese take away, she went to the ATM while I lined up to order, this is where my story begins! End BG.

As I approached the counter of the take away I noticed there was a crowd of about 8 people aged I'm guessing from 60-75 years, mostly women, waiting to order, they were all together and had two women doing the order for all of them

Suck #1: Ordering for each person ONE DISH AT A TIME! As in, order a meal, wait until they have dished it up, placed on the counter and asked "would you like anything else" at which point they would race away to drag the next person over to decide what they want... seriously they were taking forever! How hard is it to work out what everyone wants, and order it all in one hit.. the woman has a pen and paper, she is writing your order down anyway.. why not give it to her all at once???

(the server even asked me at one point what my order was because they were taking so long to bring Grandma back over to order, but I politely declined as I knew these people would kick up a fuss about me cutting in, and I could see the other server finishing up her current order anyway...)

Suck #2 (and the one that really made my blood boil!) One of the ladies ordered some meat dish with noodles.. the server started piling up the chow mein noodles, but was interupted by old lady beast screaming that they were the wrong ones! She wanted noodles, that's Chow Mein!!

Now with this take away, you pick your dish, and what you want it served with, your choices are fried rice, plain rice, chow mein (a noodle dish) and vegetable rice noodles...

Anyhoo... so this old bat is going on and on about how those were chow mein, she wanted noodles!!!!!!1111!!! ELEVENTY, at which point the server started her order again but pointed out that she'd pointed at the chow mein noodles, (which she did I saw!) and old lady was all "that's not noodles thats chow mein!!! Rant rant rant!!!" Lots of eye rolling and hand waving... server replies again "you pointed at that one" "That's chow mein I want noodles!!!" over and over it went...

Server finishes dishing up her meal, her friend goes to order hers, when the old cow comes out with "She's a fucking rude bitch!" I was just but then snickered out loud when her friend ordered her meal with "noodles" and also pointed at the Chow Mein, (which is what she wanted, not the "noodle noodles!")

I had to stop myself saying "No! Those are Chow Mein!! Not noodles!! weren't you paying attention!!"

The server and I just rolled our eyes at each other, then the 2nd server asked me for my order, "2 small lemon chicken with fried rice and a can of Lift please!" in my sweetest sickliest tone ever! Boom! I was done in 10 seconds flat!

Sorry to be so long, and maybe confusing, it's late and I should be in bed sleeping! But I had to share that one while I remembered it!
    "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

If those old ladies had not taken so long to order, what ever would they do with all that extra time? Look at the bright side, they weren't shopping in your store (assuming you work in a store).
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Yes it is very wrong to shake old Ladies! However, that was an old biddy. It is perfectly fine to shake old biddies. trust me

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        If those old ladies had not taken so long to order, what ever would they do with all that extra time? Look at the bright side, they weren't shopping in your store (assuming you work in a store).
        Actually I don't... I don't work with customers directly at all anymore, not even a phone.. please don't kick me off the board! LOL!!! I've spent 15+ years working in customer service in one form or another, so I've paid my dues! I work in a warehouse, unpacking returned/faulty eftpos machines.. no customers, no bosses looking over my shoulder.. no stress! It's bliss.. repetitive but bliss!!

However I remember far too well how crotchety and pain in the a$$ our older generation could get, unbelieveably entitled.. not all, as has been pointed out, there's a difference between old ladies and old biddies!!

Comment

For some reason the title made me giggle.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            For some reason the title made me giggle.
            I originally wrote Slap old ladies, but I thought shake was slightly less crazy!

Comment

When I first read the title, I was wondering whether you meant by the shoulders or by the ankles to see what falls out.
              "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                When I first read the title, I was wondering whether you meant by the shoulders or by the ankles to see what falls out.
                You'd get, what? Dentures, a hearing aid, maybe a wig, some candy older than the Constitution....
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                X