Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And your choices are superior because....?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And your choices are superior because....?

Dear Imbecile at "Corporal Greenback":

It is generally considered rude to go up to someone who is trying to decide what flavor of carbonated sugar water she wishes to buy and spew "Yew shouldn't drink soday, it's bad fer yew."

This is especially true when you are holding two gallon jugs: One of ersatz iced tea, which has never been anywhere near a tea leaf, and one of "orange drink", which has nothing to do with oranges besides color. Both of these items have just as much if not more high fructose corn syrup as my bottle of soda.

Also, it is generally considered quite tacky to wave your "orange drink" and say "I found this in the cooler and it was half empty, I wonder if I can get it half off?" Doubly so when that container had "For employee use" written on the label in sharpie."

You fail. Good day sir.

Not love,
    MoekosOwl.
    http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

exactly. people don't often realize how much sugar is in their drinks.

even fruit juice has a crap ton of sugar in it.. no it's not HFCS, but it's still calories

Comment

PepperElf: Yeah, I found that ironic myself.

Comment

Bleh, orange drink. If I'm going to be drinking something that's bad for me, I'm going to at least go with the tasty fizzy sugar water, rather than the liquid of questionable origin.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

LOL. Right, it's the fizz that makes it unhealthy.

Comment

Ocassionally I will get fruit juice but I realize that it has nearly as many calories as a soda.

Comment

I'm making an effort to drink more sparkling flavored water. No calories at all.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I'm making an effort to drink more sparkling flavored water. No calories at all.
                This is why I'm glad I can't taste the aspartame in products, unlike my mother. I can actually have some of those carbonated flavored waters without getting the awful aftertaste Mom does.

Though every now and then I just want a nice 2-liter of root beer or cream soda. Mmmmm....
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth moekosowl View Post
                  "Yew shouldn't drink soday, it's bad fer yew."
                  My favorite reply to someone commenting on my smoking:

"You shouldn't smoke those nasty things, they're bad for you."

"So is making personal comments to strangers...."

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

This is full of win!
                    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

Quoted for awesomeness!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Like La Croix? LOVE that stuff. Got me off of soda.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Love the lemon LaCroix, they nailed it. Has anyone tried the 'Mio?' drops that you add to your own water? Looks a bit pricey....

Comment

Reminds me of a peeve of mine. Calling fruit 'drink' fruit Juice. Personally if it is not 100% nothing added juice, then it is not fruit juice. It is fruit Drink. Sugar added, water added, etc doesn't matter .

What really confuses me is when I see something that says "100% fruit juice" then on the side lists HFCS. Um, then no..it is not 100%, I GUESS that if it was corn juice (ugh..don't want to taste that) I might be willing to let it go, but never seen 'corn juice'. Anyhow...

Yeah, water is better for you, but there are fruit 'drinks' that have more sugar then even Mountain Dew..which has a LOT of sugar in it.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              Like La Croix? LOVE that stuff. Got me off of soda.
                              Actually, I buy it from Wally World . It comes in 33.8-oz bottles for 68 cents apiece.

It hasn't gotten me off soda. Nothing will. But I am drinking less of it.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X